Chapter 9.

Ariel

Yes, I made it home last night. And yes, I drank my night away like usual. Well, I should say that I drank my 'morning' away, because it was about six in the morning when I had finally got back. Turns out, I wasn't even that far to begin with.

My head hurts like a bitch though, and I really don't feel like getting up at all. I honestly wouldn't mind laying in bed all day.

I placed my hand on my face, rubbing my eye as I hear the doorbell ring.

What in the hell? If it's Cam, she already has a key so why the hell is she ringing that loud ass doorbell?

I got up and sluggishly walked down the stairs in my boxers and sports bra, and slung the door open without even checking to see who it was. I had a mug on my face and I already know I probably have bad breath and bags under my eyes. Once I seen who it was, I froze a bit. My eyes widened, but then my face went straight and I rolled my eyes.

Jaie.

I'm going to attempt to act hard as hell, but we all know that all I want to do is jump on her and attack her with kisses and have her take me back.

Jaie made a face and tilted her head to the side.
"Did I interrupt a bad hangover?" She said as she looked all around my body. I scrunched my face up and shook my head. "Is that all the fuck you came here for?" I began to slam the door shut in her face but she pushed the door so that it wouldn't close. I looked at her like she was dumb and she licked her lips.

"You hungry or somethin? I'm about to go to work and I decided to come check up on you and see if you made it home this morning."

Oh yeah, like this bitch really cares? Bitch you broke my heart and sent me over the deep end and now suddenly you care if I walked my ass home or not? No, I should've walked my ass to a bridge and jumped. Now that's what I should've done. Damn, why didn't I think of that?

"Okay well I'm home. No I don't wanna go, I wanna go back to sleep yo." I glared at her in a way and she sighed, shaking her head. All I've ever wanted was for her to talk to me and now that she is, I'm really ruining it.

"I work at Copeland's. You know you love the food there. Jus get dressed and we'll go. I'll bring you back home or get you an uber if you don't wanna stay."

I stood there and stared at her before sighing and nodding my head, going upstairs and getting dressed.

While getting dressed, I mumbled cuss words to myself. Y'all may think I'm being rude because Jaie is 'just trying to be nice'. Hell no, I know her. This is just because she was worried about me getting home. But watch, her asshole mode will come right back soon.

Once I finished getting dressed, I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs spotting her over on the couch. She smiled, stood up, and grabbed her keys off of my coffee table while heading for the door. I followed behind, and got in the car staying silent.

It was cute how sometimes when we'd drive together, I'd drive on her lap or she'd drive on mine like little kids. We did cute shit sometimes when we weren't arguing.

What really sucks is that I'm sober and I'm with Jaie. So you should already know my thoughts will take over me soon. I can't help it; especially when I'm right next to the cause of my mood swings and constant drinking.

I looked over at her while she drove. I loved the way she licked her lips while she'd focus on the rode, how she'd be so nice and friendly and wave at the people all over the neighborhood when she passed. This is a little part of the nice Jaie who isn't always being careless.