Freckles

A pitch black darker than the blackest oil surrounded Beast Boy. "Hello?" Beast Boy called in the vacant space.
"Where am I?" He screamed, confused and scared.
A light in the distance began to flicker. A silhouette of a man appeared and disappeared as the light did.
"Get away from me!" Beast Boy shrieked.
The man pulled out a blade, and began to drag it across the ground, inching closer and closer to Beast Boy. As the blade scratched the ground, vivid sparks began to form and dance in the air.
Beast Boy wanted to run, but the terror he felt cemented his feet to the ground.
The light flickered once more, revealing the attackers face. "Slade."
"No! No, please! Get away!" Beast Boy cried, falling backwards and scooting away.
Slade pulled his blade back, and drove it through Beast Boys chest.
"HELP ME!" Beast Boy screamed, jolting into a sitting position. Pain coursed through his body from the abrupt awakening. Sweat ran down his face and he was breathing heavily.
"Beast Boy!" Starfire screamed as she and the rest of the Titans entered Beast Boys room.
"What's wrong bud?" Cyborg asked in a panicked voice.
"Nothing, nothing. I'm sorry I scared you." Beast Boy said, letting out an awkward laugh. "Just a bad dream, no big deal." Beast Boy lowered his head and rubbed his shoulder.
"Are you okay now?" Robin asked, yawning.
"I'm fine. You guys can just go back to bed."
"Alright. If you need anything just let us know, okay Beast Boy?" Robin said before leaving. Star and Cyborg followed behind their leader, but Raven remained in Beast Boys room.
"Raven... are you not going to resume your slumber?" Starfire asked.
"I will soon. Goodnight Star." Raven answered. Starfire smiled and floated out.
Beast Boy groaned, sick of feeling like a broken China Doll. Pain didn't just hurt, it was an annoying feeling that he just wanted to go away.
"I'm fine Raven, really." He said faking a smile.
"You're not fine, Garfield. And that's okay. Do... do you need to talk about it?" Raven asked, sitting at the end of his bed. There's that name again. Beast Boy crossed his legs, allowing her to scoot closer.
Beast Boy took a deep breath, and his ears went flat. "Raven... I thought I was gunna die." Ravens stomach turned upside down. "I really did. It was a scary feeling. I didn't want to die, Rae. There where so many things I knew I didn't do. So many things I didn't say, so many things I did say." Guilt washed over Raven.
Beast Boy began again after a short pause. "And do you know who I was thinking about? In that moment of life or death? You, Raven. I am so, so sorry. I truly mean it. I hurt you, and I wish I didn't. You are far from creepy, and far from weird. You're unique. But you're not normal." Raven rose an eyebrow. "I'm not normal either. Neither is Star, Cy, or Robin. And I'm glad you're not normal, because normal is so boring. You're wonderful Rae. And I love you just the way you are."
Ravens eyes started to flood. "Raven? are you o-" Raven pulled Beast Boy into a tight hug. He hugged her back tighter, until the pain started to get to him. "Arm, arm, arm..." he repeated.
"Oh, sorry!" She said, softly giggling and releasing him. She let out a shaky breath and made eye contact with him. "And I'm sorry I shut you down earlier. I was too stubborn and, and, I'm sorry..." She said, looking down at her feet.
Beast Boy smiled. "I want to be friends, Raven."
"I think we can make that happen." Raven said, flashing a smile as well. "I'll see you in the morning?" Raven asked, getting up and walking towards the door.
"Hey um, Rae? This may sound weird but..." Ravens gaze shifted to his trembling shoulders and hands. She hasn't seen him this scared since that one time he made her get a spider out of the house. He didn't want her to kill it, he just wanted it gone. Which is ironic since he himself can turn into a spider. But even though that fear was great, it was hard to compare it to the state he's in right now.
"I can stay, if you'd like." Raven said.
Beast Boy slowly nodded his head and scooted over.
"At least until I fall asleep?" Beast Boy asked. Raven nodded and shimmed under the covers. Beast Boy slowly turned so that he could rest on his right side. Raven faced him. Beast Boy weakly and slowly rose his left arm, setting it softly over her. She has never felt anything like this. He was so warm, so loving. It really felt like someone cared about her. Raven grabbed his right hand that was resting next to his face, and lightly glided her thumb over the bottom of his hand. He let out a little snore and smiled, and with that, he was sound asleep.
She studied his face. He has a really nice jawline and adorable hair. It was shaggy in the front, and a tiny bit shorter on the sides. It almost covers his eyes completely when he doesn't have gel in it. He has a sharp tooth on his bottom set of teeth on the left. It pokes out to the point where it doesn't fit in his mouth, and it rests on the outside on his lip. He hates that tooth with a burning passion, but Raven thinks it's cute. Raven opened her mouth slightly in shock.
"He has freckles." She thought to herself in awe. She never noticed them before. They were small and dark green. They speckled over his nose and where spread out at the top of his cheeks. For someone with green skin, he's really cute. Tonight showed her a different side of Beast Boy. Though he's only a year younger than her, she always looked at him as an annoying sixteen year old. A teenager who acted like a kid, who couldn't keep a straight face for at least ten seconds.
He's more than that. He's strong, and he's brave, and he's sweeter than she realized. He's scared, and he's weak. And he's not afraid of showing weakness. There Raven lay for a long while, gazing into his closed eyes.
Though she was only suppose to stay until he fell asleep, she didn't want to leave. She closed her eyes and buried her face into Beast Boys chest, and fell into the most comforting sleep she's ever had.