Chapter 13- Damsel in distress

Hunters P.O.V

I groan in distress. There wasn't one thing that was going well tonight other then the booze that helped numb my body and the party suddenly going out of hand.

Amorette wouldn't understand what I knew about Dylan. I just left her there, sitting alone by herself. It hurt more knowing that what I knew, she didn't know. Dylan? Her friend? Impossible. I've never seen him care for anything, especially a girl. We hadn't spoken ever since I went down to see his mums grave with dad.

It only felt normal once we moved, away from the past troubles. Away from the drama that had been stirred up in Oldsdale back when me and Dylan had that bond growing up.

She wouldn't understand.

I walk back to where I left Amorette with a plastic cup filled to the brim, drinking hungrily I notice that she's not where she is. I don't know whether I'm relieved or angry she left. Except I left first.

She wouldn't understand the connection that me and Dylan had when we were little.

But you have to tell her.

No. I didn't need to tell her anything. But they were friends. I did hear her say 'close friend'.

My mind seems to fight as I groan again. I should probably look for Amorette. We need to talk.

I walk back into the house and watch Alex as he spews all over the bin in the kitchen, some splattering on the tiles. Yep dads definitely gonna freak out knowing someone's puked all over the bin and all over the tiles.

I watch in disgust and remember he's Amorette's friend. But not close friend right?

I stand a reasonable distance from Alex, close enough for him to notice me as he looks up with bloodshot eyes and spit dripping from his mouth.

What a mess.

"Have you seen her?" I ask as he straightens himself up smiling and then chucking out more puke in the bin.

Gee, thanks for the birthday gift.

Once he's done his second round, he stands up slowly and looks at me weirdly. "What do you want with her?" He replies interested and angry. I simply smirk and wink at him knowingly. He seemed to know who I was talking about as he pointed is index finger up to stop me.

Again, he spews all over the bin. Hasn't he already spilled his guts. When was he gonna stop. "Just want to talk." I mention calmly trying not to hold my nose at the smell of stomach acid mixed with alcohol that sits in the now orange-coloured bin.

Without replying, he tilts his head at me and points his finger up to the stairs. "I think I saw her go up there." I look up the stairs and suddenly a
nervousness sets over my body as I leave Alex without saying a word.

Something about this, seemed off.

I walk up the stairs being greeted by girls in mini skirts. "Happy birthday Hunter!" They shout catching me off guard as I feel a set of lips meet my cheek. Wet from one of the girls saliva.

These drunken idiots.

As much as I'd want the attention, there's others things that I'm more worried about rather than a happy birthday. I wave them off as I keep walking, my stomach conjuring up a big knot in my gut.