Chapter 17- Beach, Ice Cream, what else?

Amorette's P.O.V

"Fancy seeing you here Alex, since when did you work at an ice cream cart?" I ask as I face Alex in his red and blue uniform that says "I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice cream."

Doesn't that sound inviting.

"I know, we're getting the motto changed, tell me about it, little kids that go running off to their parents saying I'm the bogeyman." He chuckles having ignored my question, only to stop and look at me watching intently as he looks down, now noticing Milo comfortably snoozing in my arms. Talk about having a playful dog, I could tell already Milo wasn't one to go out bouncing around, she was probably exhausted from all her barking and playing around at the pet store.

"How are you not exhausted from last night?" I mention to Alex. It was impossible that he didn't have a hangover this morning only because he practically skulled everyone's drinks last night. I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly got alcohol poisoning out of no where.

He shrugs only earning a glare from me. "I'm stronger then you think I am or how I looked last night, by the way did Hunter end up finding you last night?"

My mind suddenly goes into defence mode and I can feel my body heat suddenly increase. What was wrong with my body.

Riley.

Hunter.

No.

Not again.

"Yeah he found me, I was just in the bathroom and I ended up going home early due to inconvenient occurrences." I lie, fidgeting with my fingers. I hated lying, it made me feel like I was trying to not gain friendships. But only Hunter knew about what happened last night and I didn't want anyone else to find out, especially Alex. Next thing you'll know, the whole school will find out and I'll be the next hot topic around school for days.

I wasn't planning on gaining that kind of attention for the wrong reasons.

He smiles again, finally acknowledging the fact that me and mum came to get ice cream.

"You wanted ice cream? Well how may I help you?"

"I'll get the pistachio crumble and mum will get the passionfruit and raspberry swirl! Thanks Alex." I turn to get confirmation from mum, but I see her small figure walking off into the distance with her feet in the sand.

Why am I not surprised.

She's always wandering off, that woman. Alex gets our ice creams ready and smiles. "Tell you what, I give you these ice creams for free, but you help me with the garage sale me and mum are going to be holding next week Monday afternoon."

How could I say no? It's free ice cream damn it but we also had a day of school. A day they called 'teachers day' I believe. We never had that in Oldsdale.

I nod cheekily. "Fine, but only because you're giving the ice cream for free." He was definitely a funny guy. A ladies man. Guys like that was rare to come by.

But Hunter.

He managed to leave everything behind and drop me off home, not like it was a big deal for him, but here in my world, that was one of the sweetest things he could've done for me other than knocking out Riley cold.