Chapter 5 - Rain

Frank Ocean - Self control  ( Found on Spotify )

I woke up in the middle of the night to rain lightly petting the roof of the house. Everything seemed to be still and quiet, nothing seemed out of place at that moment.

My music was still playing in my headphones beside the mattress as I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. This was chaotic, the whole move and I couldn't get things straight but this was also an opportunity that maybe I could meet Hunter.

I still couldn't get his smile out of my head. One boy, Thousand feelings.

It was only a coincidence that I had seen him at Wendy's. No way there was a purpose as to why I had seen him. I heard a shuffle to my side, glancing to see mum turn over.

Her body seemed so tiny, in the blankets. No matter how hard I tried getting close, she'd push me away. I didn't understand her yesterday when she shoved me saying she didn't need compassion. I knew she did.

I felt like a part of me wanted to tell her directly that she was acting selfish. My heart ached as I watched her sleeping. Her back facing me. I wanted to touch her. Comfort her.

But I couldn't.

My arms wouldn't move. I was paralyzed in fear of her pushing me away again, just like Dylan had done. I miss Dylan. His hugs. Him.

He was someone that I could trust. I could love. He started our school last year. We met in our classes. Him being seen as the new boy wasn't his name after a few months later. When he trialed for football and became captain.

He was the golden boy. One that all the juniors looked up to. One that I had looked up to.

I sighed to release my thoughts in the still atmosphere and listened to the rain falling on the windows. I sat up and rubbed my head. I needed Aspirin to lessen my headache. My head hurt so much.  I sat up and my stomach churned. I needed food, I realized I had only eaten my burger last night despite staring at Hunter in Wendy's.

"Ah, fuck" I hissed as I plunked back down on my mattress from the head rush. My vision blurred for a second as I blinked furiously. I opened my eyes slowly and suddenly saw a dark figure standing by the front door. I shivered as I blinked again in fear and nothing was there. everything was perfect. No figure. Hmm, that was weird.  Eventually, I got up and walked out to the porch and sat down.

The cool crisp air engulfed me and the air smelt fresh and cleared my nose as I sat under the shelter and breathed out a cloud. The clouds had hidden the moon, as if the moon didn't want to be seen.

My headache seemed to lessen as I listened to the rain dripping on the cement. The sound of rain soothed me and my thoughts.

I hugged my knees as I looked at the old car sitting in the driveway. Somehow, this was calming and I felt like everything was making sense. I was starting a new school. I was going to get new friends. Maybe even a new boyfriend.

Woah Amorette, Not too fast.

I ignored my thoughts as Hunter was going through my head. He looked at me. I wasn't swooning but he wasn't bad.

I smiled at nothing as I thought about Hunter. I know. My hormones were kicking in. What? He was good looking.

Unknown P.O.V

I waited as I watched the girl get off the porch and breathe in her little hands as she hopped up and walked back inside.

The door closed and rain was soaking my hair, I started walking back home around the corner. The moon was starting to how and I needed to hurry home otherwise mum would get pissed.

I ruffled my hair dry as I ran underneath the porch shelter and sneakily went inside. I saw the landlords take down the sold out sign for the house. Curious to know not in a creepy way, I wanted to see who was gonna live there now.

No one had ever lived there, due to the death of a lady 10 years ago. Her name was Margret. She committed suicide at the age of 80 last year. Crazy right? I don't know how, but her body was found weeks later as a couple that lived nearby had noticed she hadn't left her house for the past month. Shit like that made me interested.

"Good luck." I whispered as I closed the door looking at the dark house in the distance.

Her time there would be short. She needed a protector. I knew exactly who I had in mind. I grinned as I walked up the stairs quietly and opened my bedroom door with Alex scratched on it while slipping my wet clothes off.
///

I know, this chapter was a bit of a filler and shorter then my others but hey look who's coming in, Unknown P.O.V. 😲 How exciting and interesting. Keep reading guys, I will try and update as fast as I can. Thank you so much for 100 reads!!! 💞😲🙌🏻🎊

- P.MCL