Chapter 16- Bonding time with Milo

Amorette's P.O.V

"Let's go." Mum says as she nears the front door.  We we're mtinpking of going some place to at, where we could talk together. Forget about everything that had happened in the past few days because honestly I didn't know how I could handle this if I went back to school, faced with Riley or Hunter.

What happened last night wasn't Hunters fault at all. But if he hadn't of looked for me then he would've never found me. I didn't even want to think about what could've happened to me.

But he also said that if it wasn't for Alex than he wouldn't of found me. Grateful for that, I just wished that the night hadn't gone so bad and awful.

The weather outside was looking rather warm. He The sun was out and the clouds had cleared from this mornings little gloomy and dull act.

Me and mum head out into the car and hop in eager to get some food into our stomachs. I didn't even remember the last time me and mum had gone out together. It felt like years. As I hop into the car,  smell of old gases and rubbish enter my nose. Inviting much.

Sarcasm, that was sarcasm.

It felt weird knowing that many memories from my childhood could all be contained within this piece of junk.  Like when there was a storm down in Oldsdale, I was little,  and mum, Derek and I would go on little road trips to go look around the country and on the way there was a leak in the car and rain from the storm was getting in, we hadn't gotten the car fixed yet so I instead I had used my gum to glue the peeling roof together.

That was the most fun that I had had in that summer. Having stuck my gum on the top of the roof and only it being left there as a reminder of the rain that had gotten trapped between the crevices of the peeling roof and the gum. Memories were interesting like that, you could have a stain on your shirt and it'd be some wacko adventure  of how you and our friends were attacked by a bear.

But that's what made memories precious, there was always some certain story behind each stain, mark, scar. Enough bedtime stories for children to last a whole decade.

I look up and now all that was left, was a new patch of fabric to help cover the hole and the gum. Well, where it had been.

I run my finger over the spot and smile at the imaginary gum that I placed when that storm had occurred. The roof was patched perfectly now, maybe either mum or Derek got it fixed while I was at school.

"Yes, the good times." Mum looks up at the same spot and smiles back trying to hold her laugh. Something about the way she smiles again reminds me that there is hope, hope that things can get better. Like how the gum had helped stick the roof back together. I just wished it could stick our family back together again and things were starting to get lonely around here.

Maybe a pet was a good idea! We could have a look around at the pet store and see what we liked.

"We should go to the pet store and check out some animals before we eat." I say as mum turns her keys in the ignition bringing the car to life. She only raises an eyebrow, some talent God must've given her when she was born and looks at me grinning from one ear to the other.

"Sure, it's about time we add another addition to the family." She whispers and eagerly accelerating whilst I'm trying not to die as we exit the driveway.