Chapter 2

((Oh my god, it didn't take a week for me to write the next chapter! :D))

((Update: Wattpad screwed up. so If you saw this with no actual story attached it should be fixed now :) ))

~~~~Mark's POV~~~~

"Him?"

I question, quickly reaching over to grab his file again. It was mentioned in here somewhere...

"This Anti you continuously speak of?"

I look up at him again, though he avoids my eyes. He hesitates and for a moment I think he won't say anymore. Though to my surprise he nods solemnly and speaks again.

"I know how it sounds.... But he's real, I know he is."

I hesitate, letting my eyes scan his features, fear etching its way onto his face as he spoke of this Anti figure.

"Okay..."

"You don't believe me...."

He mutters, looking up to meet my gaze again a slight anger in his own.

"I didn't say that..."

"You didn't have to..."

"Tell me about him... He's a part of you?"

Sean holds my gaze for another minute before dropping it again, instinctively picking at his blue shirt, ones every patient here wore.

"He's a part of me... but he's not me..."

I narrow my eyes, silently urging him to continue. He hesitates, as though afraid to even speak of him, or even think of him.

"Look he's some demon, or something... He's evil, and I can't control him... No one can..."

His voice grows almost inaudible. I hesitate to continue asking, happy to have him at least talk about it, but hating how uncomfortable he looked on the topic.

"What's your connection to him?"

I finally decide to continue. I had to know more. Sean stops picking at his shirt, seeming to almost freeze for a minute, sucking in a shaky breath he straightens up.

"He takes control sometimes.... Of my body... I can hear him talk...."

"Even now?"

I blurt out the question interrupting his explanation, intrigued by this man. He hesitates, surprisingly indifferent about my interruption, but nods gravely, clenching his eyes shut as to not tear up.

"What's he saying?"

Sean sucks in a small, sharp breath, saying nothing as though listening to someone talk. Finally he looks to me again, blue eyes almost apologetic.

"He's talking about you..."

My eyes narrow.

"He likes you, Mark..."

I open my mouth to speak again until the door opens and in walk the orderlies.

"Times up..."

The larger of the two speaks up. I sigh and nod, looking to Sean who looked almost disappointed as he stood.

"See you tomorrow, Jack..."

I give a friendly smile, which he weakly returns as the orderlies lead him out. Leaving me to wait for my next patient. Then it hits me... He called me Mark...

Did I ever tell him my first name?

~~~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~

Back in my cramped cell... well 'room' as they call it. I scoff at that every time. This place was like a prison, sure I get food, water, and all the necessities, but this isn't living.... This place is for crazies....

Oh Sean... We both know you're crazy...

I stifle a groan as Anti finally speaks up, he'd stayed quiet since my meeting with the doctor, and I'd hoped he'd shut up even just for the night. His voice obnoxiously loud in my head, I long to cover my ears, block him out, but it'd do no good. So instead I do my best to ignore him, keeping my mouth shut. He loved getting reactions, so perhaps if I stopped giving them...

Aw ignoring me are we? Fine... Don't talk.... Just listen... Let my voice slowly drive you to insanity...

He laughs madly and I bite my tongue as to not yell at him, to not scream out my frustrations like I have so many times before.

I saw the way you looked at that doctor.... You really think he can help you?

I shake my head slightly, before forcing myself to stop. I can tell Anti grew happy I gave even that little reaction, silently I cuss myself out.

He's just going to stuff you with pills... mark you down as crazy.... You'll never get out of here.... Well.... there is one way... This all ends when you can't take it anymore Sean.... I know you've thought about it...

"Shut... Up..."

I finally snarl out, keeping my voice low as to not alert an orderly. The last thing I needed was more drugs forced into my system, the stupid workers thinking they'd 'help' me.

Hit a nerve did I? He can't help you Sean... No one can...

"Shut up!"

I finally scream out jolting up from my laying position.

You're going to die here Sean... Alone... No one cares...

I wrap my arms around my head, desperate to tune him out, to stop his words. His voice was maddening, his laugh sickening, everything about him was driving me slowly crazy.

"Shut up! Shut up!"

The orderlies were coming, I could hear their pounding footsteps, no louder than my pounding heart, but I don't care. I keep screaming even long after he'd stopped talking. Finally I just break down, tears rolling down my pale cheeks, throat raw from screaming. I hear him chuckle darkly, only making my sobs grow louder.

You're going crazy Sean... You are crazy...

With a cry I drop my hands from my ears, and just as the orderlies walk in, my fist meets the brick of the wall. I punch it again and again until the orderlies grab me, knuckles dripping red, the wall stained with my blood. I fight, pull against them, screaming out, until I feel a prick in my neck, and the world around me fades slows, everything spins, and soon it all fades to an ominous black.