Chapter 37

((Sorry this took so long!! Stupid writers block got me :/ ))

~~~~~~~Anti's POV~~~~~~~~

"What's the plan?"

Absolutely no indication of trust in his voice. Not surprising... Not upsetting... It's a start I suppose. I felt Sean appear attentive as well, a slight nudge against his own skull. Unlike his 'friend' sitting across from me, Sean was trusting. I could feel that without much problem.

"Well, first things first... We need to get out of here."

His coffee eyes narrow. I feel a huff escape me, blowing strands of brown from across my forehead haphazardly.

"Think about it... The cops were already on our trail, and then you just had to kill that officer..."

"I didn't do that."

I blink a few times, slowly to indicate the annoyance that began to fester throughout me.

"You, Dark... Whatever same thing."

His mouth opens to argue once more but I quickly cut him off, feeling annoyance escalate into rage within a matter of seconds.

"Look, we can't stay here, it's only a matter of time before they come looking for their comrade..."

The words escape matter-of-factly. I take notice of Mark's furrowed brow, the realization I'm right joining the distrust in his eyes. I feel a smile curl onto my lips.

"And unless you want more dead cops, we can't let that happen... But hey, the choice is up to you, I wouldn't mind spilling a bit more red... This place could use some color..."

Instead of any kind of disgust, or even fear Mark looks to me with a certain kind of reprimand, as though silently scolding me for merely suggesting the idea.

"Fine, where can we go? I don't have any family nor friends who would be willing to help, I know damn well you don't have any friends, neither does Sean..."

He adds the last part quietly, as though afraid to offend the human who's body I currently resided in. I move my shoulders up and down in a shrug, such a nonchalant gesture given the current circumstances.

"All my friends are dead... Or I'm trying to make them dead..."

I mutter dispassionately, feeling his exhausted gaze leave me yet again. Silence stretches out. It wraps the room in a rather wretched sense of nothingness. No ideas, no real way to stay off the radar.

"I know a place..."

Gruff voice interrupts that silence, and I almost hope for it again. The darkness in that buttery voice sends a wave of anger through me once more, eyes narrow as I look up again to meet that bloody shade of red. The color itself taunting in a way I could never understand.

"A place where they won't look."

Dark pipes up again, small ghost of a smile curling onto his lips. I feel Sean recede further into his own mind.

Straightening my back as to mimic my usual confidence I look him in the eye once more, letting the green almost block my vision, coating the room in that familiar, angry color. Yet I bite my tongue, metaphorically, and literally for a moment before responding in a similar cold tone.

"And where... would that be?"

The distrust leaks from my words regardless of any attempts to be indifferent. He purposefully ignores it, letting that ghost of a smile enlarge across his lips, almost an attempt to be friendly it appears.