Chapter 22

((You ever get random inspiration at 3 am? Yah that's why I wrote this ))

Another hour passes without much to do. Then another of just staring at the ceiling. And another...

Anti stayed quiet within my mind, leaving me completely alone. Chica still refused to come near me, and this time it did bother me... I felt the need of some contact, something.

The silence is slowly killing me. I don't dare turn the tv on again, afraid to cause a full blown panic attack. I don't want to know how many people are talking about the 'escaped patient'.

So I sat, waiting as the minutes ticked by. Finally... I had to talk to someone... Something.

"Anti...?"

Silence is my only response.

"Anti... I know you're there."

Still nothing. He seemed intent on ignoring me. Of course it's the one time I want to talk with him. I hesitate a moment, chewing on the inside of my lip until an idea hits me, something that always seemed to get his attention, not neccisarily in a good way....

"Septiceye."

That's when I feel his prescense again. He tenses, making my breath outwardly hitch.

"Don't... Call me that..."

The cold voice made me stop once again, hesitating. That name, everytime it was uttered he went from a confident, sarcastic asshole, to almost a scared child. He would never dare let that fear show, but I could feel it everytime Dark called him that. It only made my curiosity grow.

"Sorry..."

I mutter out the apology, though not apologetic in the slightest. Either the demon doesn't notice, or simply doesn't care.

"What did you mean before?"

More silence follows, and for a moment I believe he won't answer. So when his voice pipes up again, containing that same sincerity it's almost surprising.

"I meant you need to get out of here..."

I narrow my eyes, staring at nothing but the ceiling by now.

"You mean you need to get out of here? You just want to get away from Dark..."

The demon hesitates again, and for the first time I feel almost a pity from it. Not the pity Dark had shown me, no something darker, almost as though offering condolences with no words.

Partially, yes... But you need to get away from him... Before it's too late...

An involuntary shiver runs through me at those words. I almost regret resorting to conversation with him.

"What does that mean?"

I can almost hear the demon sigh. I wait patiently for a reply, which takes at least a full two minutes.

Look, believe me or don't.... But Dark and I go way back... I know how he gets... You may not believe this, but he's worse than I am...

I outwardly scoff, feeling the demon almost glare at me if it were possible.

"Worse than you? Doubtful... He seems... Almost human... Sympathetic even."

Anti doesn't scoff like i'd normally expect, he doesn't glare, he doesn't do anything but offer a soft voice, almost pathetic compared to his usual cocky nature.