Chapter 5

((Hey guys, i'm back! Sorry this chapter took so long, I got busy with school and work and ugh I hate life rn... but eh, hope you enjoy! :D ))

~~~~Jack's POV~~~~

No going back now... As I watched Mark's body fall limply to the mattress, I couldn't help but feel guilt twist at my gut. Anti, however, praised the act of aggression, and as I snuck around the corners he would not shut up. It took all my willpower to not scream at him, make him shut his mouth.

Didn't think you had it in ya, Jack'a'boy

His laughter echoes through my head, and for a moment I panic someone else will hear it. Finally I spot it, the light shining in from the front doors, the thought of freedom taunting me.

I'm about to run for it, excited to feel the fresh air once more, but something stops me. A girl sat at the front desk, typing away at her computer, her short blonde hair pushed behind her ear. I silently cuss, wondering if there were another route.

Just knock her out... She's a tiny female... You can take her... One big blow is all it takes...

I mutter a quiet 'shut up' to him as he speaks. Voice deathly serious. What scared me more was when I began to consider the idea. He's right, just one blow over the head to knock her out, then I was free....

These thoughts instantly flee as I thought back. The way Mark fell so lifelessly, the way his breaths shortened... He tried to help me... comfort me... but I had to... I had to.

As the arguing in my head continues, I hear a phone ring. Glancing around the corner once more I watch as the female picks up the phone beside her, listening to whoever spoke and standing as she finished, setting the phone down and walking through one of the doors behind her. I silently smile, seemed someone was on my side this day...

I quickly walk around the corner, unable to help myself as I look at the nameplate sitting on the front desk.

Amy Nelson.... Well Amy... Today was your lucky day. I'm glad I didn't have to hurt anyone else...

Pushing my last bit of guilt away I swiftly walk out the door, the fresh, chilled air hitting my face pleasantly. I can't help a smile from spreading across my face as the slight breeze blows the hair atop my head. It's been so long....

Anti shuts his mouth as well, and I can almost feel a grin spread across his face at this small taste of freedom. A couple minutes pass before I leave that trance and begin walking, keeping out of sight as best as possible. Once I look down at the blue sweats and shirt I wore the thought hit me...

I need new clothes....

~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~

"Mark? Mark!?"

A voice calls through the darkness, slowly pulling me from it. I didn't want to... the darkness was comfortable, it calmed my nerves... I felt at peace. Clenching my eyes tighter closed I refused to leave it.

Until a throbbing starts, small at first a slight pressure on my skull, soon turns into a hammer pounding against my head. I bite my tongue as to not scream from the pain, the pounding in my ears worsens, until finally my eyes open to a bright room.