Chapter 38

((I don't really like the way this chapter turned out... But I don't have time to edit it anymore :/ sorry it kinda sucks guys ))

~~~~~~Dark's POV~~~~~~

I don't need to look behind me to see him. I could already see the way his eyes wandered, stopping on every detail of the hallway as though some kind of danger lurked behind each almost familiar corner. I feel the smile remain on my lips, I feel the hesitation of the human in my head silently preparing to take control back, as though I wouldn't notice.

I twirl the apartment key in my hand, the jingle of the metal echoing loudly in the otherwise noiseless hall. I stop, hearing Anti's steps halt behind me. I feel his distrust slowly fade away to a certain kind of pain, eyes scanning the number nailed to the apartment door.

I don't look back, don't acknowledge his change in disposition, merely inserting the key into the doorknob, feeling the click before swinging it open with a new kind of delight coursing through my veins.

His footsteps are quiet on the carpet, his eyes glaze over with familiarity, gentle sadness coating them rather pathetically.

I merely smile, awaiting the anger that undoubtedly would follow, but it never comes...

~~~~~~Anti's POV~~~~~~~

I want to get pissed... I want to scream, yell, hurt him, something... Anything but this... All I can do is stare, eyes focused on that one spot on the carpet, hand rubbing violently at my tender throat until it reddened, eyes flashing over again with the thoughts of blood.

I feel his eyes on me, I can see that grin on his smug face, I need to pull myself together... I'm not weak... He can't make me feel weak... Not again... I-...

I can't...

I feel my head shake, feel Sean hesitate in my mind the memories ever so clear to him as well...

Words catch in my throat, my eyes pull away from the memories, moving to the other man in the room with me. I try to speak, try to cover the pure emotion I could feel soaking my eyes, but I can't...

"W-hat is wrong with you...?"

I finally manage to choke out the words, feeling my hand pause across my throat, pressing not-so-gently against the jugular. He doesn't speak, simply paces past me to shut the door once again, taking a moment's hesitation before looking to me with harsh eyes. I dig through them, almost hoping to find some kind of kindness within them.

"Why would you bring me back here...?"

His arms cross over his chest, and for a moment that smile falters.

"No one stays here, not since the incident...They won't look here... I told you I-"

"Enough!"

The yell escapes me, anger I'd been searching for slowly joining the painful memories within my mind.

"I'm sick of your games, Damien!"

I pace forward on quiet feet, his smile falters again before dropping altogether, a new kind of imitation sympathy joining the anger that flared up in his eyes.