Chapter 39

((Ugh, seriously writers block is killing me! :/ Sorry my update schedule is really off y'all. Just bear with me :) ))

~~~~~~~~Anti's POV~~~~~~~~

What was he talking about?

The voice pipes up in my head. Sean for once doesn't sound hesitant, rather genuinely curious. I hardly blink, foot pressing even harder on the gas pedal if it were possible, feeling the car speed up down the almost empty road I take a moment before responding.

"What?"

I speak the single word, every bit of anger that courses through me exiting in that single growl, any previous emotions fade away to cold fury. He doesn't go silent, or even hesitate at the rude response and instead rephrases his question.

Dark... He said he knows what you did.... What did you do?

I feel my hands tighten around the steering wheel, already pale knuckles whitening even more to an almost corpse-like pallor. I forget he's there half the time, especially when dealing with Dark... He stays silent waiting for some kind of response.

I stay silent as well, squinting against the bright sun as I drive further and further away from that apartment, which I would no doubt have to return to within the next few hours. Silence stretches out, not even the radio plays, each station spoke about the 'escaped patient', who many claim is 'armed and dangerous.'

Dangerous... Well maybe, but armed? I have no idea where they got such an idea.

Still none of them talked about Mark having disappeared, either they hadn't connected him to this whole ordeal, or the obnoxious radio-show hosts didn't find him interesting enough news.

Anti.

He speaks up again, voice more certain than it had been moments before. I keep my mouth shut, teeth catching my tongue until a coppery taste flowed through my mouth.

Anti!

Louder this time, I outwardly flinch at the echo around my skull with this voice. I force my hands to relax a bit around the steering wheel as to not break it, ignoring the pain in my tongue I manage a soft snarl.

"Mind your business..."

He goes silent, my own voice startled me for a second. It was cold, almost sorrowful if not for the rage lacing each word with a cruel elegance.

The rest of the way he stays quiet, from the moment I drive the car into the nearest ditch, to the hitch hiking my way back once I'd walked a decent ways away.

I merely hope I'm not recognized, I'd adorned a plain baseball cap I'd found among Mark's items, black with a pink colored mustache on the front. I chose not to ask questions, simply using it to hide my face best as possible

After about half an hour someone stops, some greasy trucker driving a large semi. Not a super long drive later I stop him, about a block from the apartment building Dark had chosen. I climb out of his truck with a rude grunt of a 'thank you'.

I wait until I hear his engine fade off into the distance before I begin walking, tugging the baseball cap further down to cover my face, hands shoved into the pockets of the plain gray sweatshirt that hugged my torso warmly.