Chapter 9

((Are y'all still enjoying this? Sorry if the story line is moving a bit slow :) ))

~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~

As I was led through the familiar halls, a rough arm continuing to grab at me, I couldn't help but wonder.

Why was Mark back so soon, one would think with his injury he'd stay home for a few weeks. Not that I minded him being back, but something felt off, it didn't help that Anti went quiet, and ominous silence echoing around my head that made dread twist at my gut.

As the ever so familiar door opened, I noticed the bandages wrapped around the doctors head, pressing against his raven hair tightly. I feel guilt tug at me.

I'm led in and willingly sit on the chair across from Mark, who seems to avoid my eyes, almost seeming like he hadn't noticed anyone entered the room.

The orderly shoots him a strange glance but eventually decides to just leave.

"Fischbach?"

I raise an eyebrow, trying to meet his gaze which remains downward, eyes thoughtful.

"Mark?"

I finally speak louder, watching him jump slightly and finally lift his head.

He was a wreck. Dark bags encircled his almost dull eyes, any light they once contained, drained with his energy. He almost looked pale, jumpy, every small thing putting him on edge.

"Woah... You look like shit..."

I can't help but speak again, clearing my throat at the slight glare he replied with. I feel Anti smile in my head.

"How's your head?"

His hand moves up to adjust the bandages as I ask that question, silently adding an apology though I don't vocalize it.

"Fine... Look Jack..."

His voice comes out hoarse.

"When did you first discover Anti? What happened before he started talking to you?"

I narrow my eyes slightly. He looked like he'd just seen a ghost and already back to therapy bullshit? What is happening?

"Um..."

I think, trying to recall before I first heard the demon that now resided in my head.

"Migraines.... Bad ones... No medication worked and no doctor could explain it...."

I watch his face nearly drop, yet I continue.

"That soon turned into nightmares... terrible ones... Where I did terrible things... That's where I first saw him... He looked like me but different..."

My voice grows lower at the remembrance of those dreams, I feel Anti's smile grow.

"Then I started feeling angry, short tempered... People had to nearly tip-toe around me... That's why Signe dumped me... And then he started to talk to me... But he didn't take control until....."

I stop there, biting my tongue as to not continue.

"Until you killed that man?"

Mark finishes the statement for me. I dart my eyes back up to him almost angrily.