Chapter 21

((Hey guys sorry this took so long to update! The Wattpad site has been blocked on my school computer, which is normally where I update, so I had to wait till I could get to my home computer :) Anyway So I'll try to get back to updating after this weekend! <3 ))

Flashes of red and green haunt my dreams. The crimson color and the neon that indicated my demons anger. And when I finally wake up, it's not pleasant.

I jolt awake, sweat coating my forehead. Pushing the soaked strands of green away from my face I let my eyes wander. Throat dry, body shaking, everything hurts...

What happened? I remember... The body... The blood... And then Mark... No... That wasn't Mark...

Dark...

Did he help me? Why? Why would he help me, he's a demon, like Anti... But... That sympathy in his eyes wasn't fake, no one could make it look that real...

Don't tell me you're actually falling for his bullshit...

The voice startles me at first, my head having been so silent for the longest time. Hearing his voice again however I feel my stomach flip, the nauseating sight he'd forced upon me still clear in my mind. I swallow the bile that resides at the back of my dry throat, taking a few deep breaths as to not suffer a panic attack.

Anti stays silent again, as though expecting me to respond.

I don't, not daring to speak up I let my eyes instead wander to the closed door that lay just a few steps away from the bed in which I lay.

I know you don't trust me... I wouldn't either... But we have to get away from here... You have to get away from him...

The sincerity in his usually sarcastic voice stops me cold. His tone had grown sorrow, grave, concerned even. I'd never heard him sound so genuine. With that he goes silent, leaving my head to echo with his somber warning.

And for a moment I want to agree with him. Something is off about this whole thing, even more than usual. The fact that Anti seems to feel such intense emotions around Dark leaves me to wonder.

What the hell happened between those two?

~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~

"What the hell was that...?"

Finally having control of my own body again I can't help but feel a slight anger at the demon in my head. After bringing Sean back to my house he'd gone silent. A tense silence that seemed to thicken the air around me.

"Dark?"

More silence. My annoyance peaks.

"Dark!"

What...

The single word comes out an irritated grunt, rather than a question.

"You know damn well! What the hell happened back there?"

Another silence. I could feel him think, as though piecing it together for himself as much as me.

I simply brought the human back to your place. Is that not what your plan was?

He keeps his voice rather stoic, but I see right through it. Outwardly rolling my eyes I let my gaze wander down the hall where Sean lay still surely passed out.

"Bullshit, you were supposed to let me take over... What changed?"

Would you really be able to handle that sight Mark? The stench? I did you a favor...