Chapter 2

"Ladies first," Jimin said with a grin while opening a window that lead to the hall. I jumped through to the other side pretty easily.

"Let's go!" He said while grabbing my hand.

We were now running through the school halls at full speed in pitch black darkness. I had my full trust in Jimin to know what he was doing.

"Stop," he whispered while coming to a complete halt, causing me to come crashing into his back. He helped me stand up properly and catch my breath before speaking.

"We want to go in there," he said while pointing to a door across from us. I recognised it as the door that leads up to the school's roof.

"Do we really want to go in there?" I asked while looking back down the hall.

"Yes we do, deal with it." He said with an eye smile.

I stood up to check if the door was locked but Jimin immediately pulled me back beside him.

"See that?" He said as he pointed to something near the roof.

My eyes had to adjust to the darkness before I saw it. A red blinking light was hiding in the top corner of the hall.

"Is it a security camera?" I asked as Jimin reached into his bag and pulled out a roll of duct tape. He nodded while ripping a small piece off.

"It has a blind spot which is right against that wall, we can sneak over to the camera and duct tape it," he nodded towards the wall right next to the camera.

"I'm not tall enough to reach it, so you'll have to go on my shoulders." I thought about it for a few seconds before nodding.

"Won't it get my face on camera though?" I asked as Jimin slid his bag across the ground towards the door.

"If you come from right underneath it, you'll be alright." He said with a reassuring smile.

"I don't think I'll be able to come from underneath the camera if I'm on your shoulders," I mumbled while staring up at the flashing light.

"Right, you'd probably be too tall." He sighed. "Just try wrapping your legs around my waist and I'll hold you up," Jimin said while handing me the piece of tape.

I took it with a smile. Jimin and I shuffled along the wall until we were underneath the camera.

"Ready?" He asked while making sure he was standing in the right position. "Jump," I immediately wrapped my legs around his waist and hoped for the best.

Surprisingly, Jimin's arms were really supportive and I didn't feel like I was going to topple over like when we were kids.

I reached up to the camera and fiddled around with the duct tape to make sure it would cover the whole thing.

"Why do you smell like men's cologne?" Jimin asked while burying his face into my sweater.

"Stop!" I giggled, "That tickles!" I began swaying back and forth but luckily stuck the duct tape on the camera before we fell over.

"Good job, 99." Jimin said while stumbling to his feet and picking up his bag.

I watched in anticipation as he slowly turned the handle to the stairs leading to the roof.

"Yes!" I whispered as it successfully opened.

"You still didn't answer me about the cologne," Jimin asked as we walked up the stairs.

"I'm borrowing Jin's sweater," I said while smiling to myself. Jimin groaned in response.

"You should've just borrowed something of mine."

"Is someone a little jealous?" I asked with a grin.

"Yes," Jimin said with a straight face. My cheeks began heating up, I didn't expect Jimin to actually say yes.

Finally, we got to the top of the stairs.

As soon as we stepped on to the roof, the cool night breeze greeted us. Jimin put his bag on the ground and pulled out a blanket.

He neatly laid it out on the ground and sat down on the end of the blanket. Jimin pet a spot beside him while looking over at me, motioning me to sit down next to him.

I walked next to him and slowly sat down.

"Do you like stars?" Jimin asked while looking over at me.

"Who doesn't?" I responded with a small smile. Jimin swiftly pulled me down on to the blanket so we were both laying next to each other and staring up at the night sky.

I can't lie, it was really beautiful. The cool night air mixed with the soft twinkle of the stars above us... It felt like a perfect moment straight from a movie.

"Day two," Jimin whispered softly as we slowly drifted off to sleep.

-=+=-

My eyes fluttered open to the sight of Jimin who was asleep next to me. He had my hand in his with a soft smile on his face. I can't believe I fell asleep, luckily the sun hadn't come up yet.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, I had a few missed calls from Jin and the time read 3:44 am.

Slowly, I shook Jimin awake.

"Jimin," I said softly while sitting up. "We have school tomorrow, I mean, today," I said while face-palming.

Slowly Jimin sat up beside me and stumbled to his feet.

"Yeah, we should head home," he said in a husky voice while I stood up. He put the blanket away before we headed down the stairs.

-=+=-

"Once you take the tape off of the camera we need to make a run for it, okay?" He said while opening the door to the hallway. I nodded while walking under the camera.

I jumped into Jimin's arms and quickly pulled the tape off the camera before sprinting away as fast as possible.

We both swiftly jumped out of the window and climbed the fence to get out of the school.

"I'll see you soon," Jimin said before we parted our ways. I nodded before walking home.