Chapter 25

"No, she'll be fine-"

Fuzzy images and words filled my head as I tried focusing on the world around me. 

"I need-" I began talking but could only let out a small groan. 

I need to get up.

Suddenly, it all snapped. The floor came flying toward my face and in an instant, I felt everything. 

A soft breeze on my body, the coldness of the ground beneath me and a weird presence in my right arm. 

As I sat up, a sharp pain pumped in my head. 

A window... A light... 

I didn't know much what was going on, but I knew for certain I wasn't where I started my day. 

I clumsily stumbled to my feet as soon as I heard rattling from behind me. Unfortunately, I lost my footing and fell onto a soft surface. 

A bed?

"Are you alright?"

My vision fogged as soon as I fell, followed by a high pitched noise drowning out the sound of whoever was speaking. 

"Y/n!"

I could finally feel it. I was slipping back into reality. I could feel the person's hands on my shoulders, supportively holding me, I could feel the cool air on my weirdly exposed skin. I could smell the soft scent of gunpowder from the distance and could see everything clearly. 

Dull walls, a white bed, a doctor and an open window. 

"Sir," I urged while trying to stand up again. "I need to be somewhere-"

"Please, y/n," he insisted while guiding me back into my bed. "You could've hurt yourself."

A gust of wind blew through the window beside us, causing the curtains next to it to flutter violently. 

"Whatever I'm here for can't be too bad," I mumbled. "It's my last day, you have to understand, sir."

My doctor looked down at me with a concerned expression. 

"You think I'm crazy," I muttered. "Look, I have an important date with-" I impatiently glanced down at the floor then back to the doctor in front of me "-my boyfriend."

"You don't remember what happened?" he asked while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

I shook my head in response.

"Your boyfriend said you were 'roofied'," the doctor explained. 

"Jimin's here?" I asked, shooting up in bed. Something in the corner of my eye was brought to my attention as soon as I sat up. I gasped with a mix of disgust and confusion at a small needle that had been placed in my arm. A tube which was attached to it ran over my head and connected to something behind me. 

"I don't know if-"

"What's the time?" I rushed, cutting him off. 

Maybe this can still work. 

"It's somewhere near a quarter to 12," he guessed. 

"Twelve?" I asked while searching around my room. 

"You'll be able to see the fireworks from up here if that's what you're worried about," the doctor assured. 

"It's okay," I muttered. "I don't care about the fireworks."

"Do whatever you please, y/n," the doctor sighed. 

"Jimin's still here, right?" I asked while sliding my legs out of bed.