Chapter 14

"Agent 99, do you repeat? Over."

I picked up my walkie-talkie and brought it to my mouth. 

"Jimin, you're right next to me," I grumbled. 

Jimin looked down at me with a bright grin. 

"Why do we have to get-"

"Uh, 99, I can't hear you unless you use the walkie-talkie," Jimin said into his device while turning away.

I picked up the walkie-talkie while rolling my eyes and spoke into it. "Why are you such a child?"

Jimin's muffled chuckles played from the gadget. "I uh, don't understand what you're saying, over."

I giggled softly to myself at his silly behaviour.

I watched as the sun began lowering itself behind the trees, the light began fading from the area around us, leaving the sky with nothing but darkness.

Cloudy night...

"This is it, 99, over," Jimin spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"Seriously?" I asked while looking up at the sight. 

A huge house was displayed in front of us. Rotting wood was falling from the porch ceiling, presenting how old the house actually was. The front door was slightly creaked open, almost taunting us to go inside. 

Street lights around us flickered on, causing an ominous feeling to rise in my stomach. 

Jimin cautiously started walking up the stairs of the grand house to stand on the porch. Suddenly, he started doing some weird poses with a massive goofy smile on his face. 

"Yo, what's up MTV cribs! Welcome-" 

"Oh my gosh, Jimin, let's go inside," I grumbled while dragging him to the door. 

I glanced up at him, then back at the door-handle. 

"Ladies first," Jimin insisted.

I gave him a 'I hate you' smile before slowly opening the door. 

The room inside was pitch black.

"Are we going to have to sleep in here?" I asked reluctantly while glancing up at Jimin. 

"Well," he mumbled while stepping inside. "I heard this house has a pretty mean ensuite."

"Right," I grumbled sarcastically while rolling my eyes. 

 Jimin placed his bag on the floor, pulled out his torch and shined it on the room around us. 

"There!" He called out while pointing past the half-collapsed staircase. 

"We're staying in there?" I asked, immediately regretting coming here in the first place. 

"We sure are," he responded with a comforting smile. 

"And when are the others coming?" I asked quietly.

"Knowing Yoongi, probably-" 

"Suga," I corrected.

"Huh?" He asked, looking down at me.

"He likes to be called Suga."

"Oh," Jimin mumbled. "Well, as I was saying, Suga will probably take a while and-"

Jimin exhaled softly before continuing.

"-Jungkook said he'd be here soon."

"Come on, Jimin..." I mumbled. "You used to be best friends."

"Emphasis on the words 'used to'," he grumbled.

"Well, you two have to make up one way or another," I said with a soft smile.

"Why is that?"

"You both need each other," I mumbled.

"All I need right now is you, y/n," Jimin mumbled while gently wrapping his arms around my waist. "And if he touches you I'm going to-"

"I'm ready to be possessed!" Yoongi yelled while stumbling through the front door. "Come on ghosts!" He taunted.

Yoongi finally turned to us.

"Hey! No make-out sessions in the haunted house!" He grumbled.

I looked up at Jimin with a hint of uncertainty. 

Why is Suga here before Jungkook?

"Hey, y/n, do you have juice by any chance?" Yoongi asked while leaning on a bit of the broken down staircase, causing it to snap and for him to stumble a little.

I slowly shook my head while trying to contain my laughter.

"Good," he mumbled while dusting off his clothes. "Juice is for kids-"

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

Everyone's attention turned to Jungkook, who had just entered the house.

"It's alright," I said with a bright smile. "Let's go!"

We all cautiously made our way into the dark room across from us.

Jimin and I placed torches on the floor as we began unpacking our sleeping bags.

"It's okay guys," Yoongi assured while reaching into his bag. "I brought holy water." He held up a plastic bottle of water with a proud grin on his face.

"How did you get holy water?" I asked, confused.

"Well," he mumbled. "I got a bottle of water," Yoongi scratched his head like he was thinking very hard to remember these previous events. "...And I got Holly to sleep on it for a while."

I giggled to myself, imagining Suga trying to get his dog to sleep on a bottle of water.

"Who's Holly?" Jimin asked, puzzled.

"My son," Yoongi responded with a blank expression. I rolled my eyes while flattening out my blankets.

"Holly is his dog," I informed Jimin with a soft smile.

"Right," Jimin chuckled.

"Jungkook, are you alright? You've been really quiet-" I turned around to see Jungkook's sleeping bag on the ground half set up with Jungkook nowhere to be seen.

I reluctantly glanced up at Jimin.

"Well, he's dead," Yoongi announced while pulling the bottle of water up to his face. "I'm not letting a ghost take me away, though." Yoongi turned to the doorway as if to be talking to a ghost, "I'm waiting until marriage! You hear that, ghosts?!"

"Jimin, can you go look for him?" I asked cautiously.

"I'll be back in a bit," he sighed while standing up.

"Wait," I called while grabbing his hand, causing Jimin to stop. "Don't forget this."

I handed him his walkie-talkie and held mine in my hand. 

"Be back soon," I mumbled.