Chapter 21

"Look," I sighed.

"What?"

"Two days," I stated with a soft smile.

"And you said I'm bad at committing to things," Jimin sighed.

"Well," I mumbled, staring up at the ceiling. "Maybe I underestimated you."

"What was that?" Jimin asked with a sly smile. 

"I said maybe you're not as bad at this as I thought you were," I grumbled while crossing my arms and crawling out of bed to sit on the edge of it.

"Oh, I'm great at making your heart flutter, am I?" He teased with a grin. 

"I didn't say that," I mumbled while rolling my eyes. "I meant that before this whole ordeal I had no idea you even liked me and now-"

"And now I can make your heart skip a beat with just a simple touch?" Jimin asked in a deeper tone than usual.

I turned away, trying to hide my red face. "T-that's not it either," I mumbled. 

"Look," Jimin began. "I'd flirt with you all the time at school, but I guess you just got used to it."

"Right," I mumbled softly. 

Jimin flopped onto our bed with a sigh. "You wouldn't believe how mad I was when Jungkook said that he liked you."

"Oh," I whispered, unsure what to say. 

"And when I found out that he took your first kiss I was done," Jimin closed his eyes softly while continuing to speak. "I had made up my mind that I wanted you all to myself."

I continued to sit on the edge of our bed silently. 

"Is that selfish, y/n?"

My eyes slowly trailed over to Jimin. 

"Is loving someone selfish?" I asked, confirming if I was about to answer the right question. 

"Well," Jimin began. "Maybe greed is the right word."

"Maybe," I muttered. 

The room fell silent. Both of us seemed to be deep in thought. 

"Alright!" I yelled, filling the uncomfortable stillness of the room. "I'm happy this motel supplies pyjamas, but we still don't have clothes for today and tomorrow."

"Are you saying that you want to go shopping?" Jimin groaned.

"What's wrong with shopping?" I asked in annoyance.

"It's so cliche."

"Cliche? We're not in some k-drama!" I grumbled.

"I was thinking that we could just," Jimin's eyes took a long scan of my body before he continued. "...Hang out."

"Hang out?" I asked in a flustered tone.

"Yeah, hang out," Jimin stated with confidence.

-=+=-

I stared at Jimin's face, then back at the old motel tv screen.

Are we seriously just 'hanging out'?

"Jimin, I thought we were meant to be travelling on this 'holiday'," I whined as he skipped through several channels. 

"We will travel," Jimin announced. "We can catch a train or something later."

"But I'm bored," I grumbled. "And is a train ride seriously the only thing we have planned for today?"

Jimin turned the tv off with a sigh. "Okay then, what are we doing today?"

"I told you that I want to go shopping," I mumbled with a pout. Jimin let out a long sigh in response. "Come on!" I called. "We can make it fun."

"How could we make such a mundane task fun?" 

"Well," I began. "How about we choose what each of us wears."

Jimin's eyes lit up as soon as I finished speaking. "So we'll shop for the clothes that we'll both wear for the next few days?"

I nodded quickly in response, happy that Jimin seemed interested in my proposal. I knew that Jimin already dressed well, so buying nice clothes for him wouldn't impact him at all. I, on the other hand, am very picky in clothes I wear and judging by the fact that Jimin thought I looked best in only his clothes, I think I had the right to be scared. 

-=+=-

I was starting to have reluctant thoughts as soon as we approached the entrance to a shopping complex. Jimin had the expression of a determined man on a mission. 

"Alright," I mumbled. 

There's no going back now. 

"Meet here in an hour, right?" I asked quickly. Jimin gave me a nod in response. 

"Ready?" He asked while hovering his finger over his phones timer. 

"Go!" I yelled before quickly making my way to the nearest men's store. 

-=+=-

"Ma'am-"

"YAH!" 

An assistant stared down at me silently in confusion. 

"Oh," I whispered while placing my hand on my chest. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry," he chuckled. "You just looked lost."

"No, no," I stated while browsing through some piles of jeans. "I'm alright."

I stopped browsing and stared up ahead of me silently. 

I wonder if Jimin knows my size... Do I even know his?!

"So," the assistant began, trying to regain my attention. "Are you shopping for your boyfriend?"

Quickly, I inspected his height and structure. "Not really," I mumbled. 

Maybe I could use this guy as a reference. 

"Oh!" He exclaimed with a grin. "Your brother, then?"

"Yeah, whatever," I mumbled while holding a shirt I had previously in my hand in front of him. 

"Uh, what are you doing?" He asked while trying to look at me from behind the fabric. 

"Stay still," I grumbled, causing him to freeze in place. "Would this fit you?"

He stared down at the shirt, then lifted his eyes up to look at me. 

"I guess," he began. "It's not really my style though, I-"

"Yep, yep," I rushed while holding up another shirt. "What about this?"

"I don't know," he sighed while picking it up himself. 

I quickly glanced down at my phone timer. I had spent most of my time browsing through jackets, shirts and jeans, leaving me with only five minutes remaining. 

"Come on!" I insisted. 

"I can try it on if you-"

"We don't have time," I whispered softly. "Just guess if it'd fit."

"Uh," he muttered. "I think I'd have to go a size up or something."

"Great!" I held out a pair of jeans in front of him. "How about these?"

-=+=-

Yes! I made it back with a few seconds to spare. Knowing Jimin he'll probably be-

"What took you so long?"

My body swung around to find Jimin taking a sip of a drink with bags of clothes around his wrists behind me.

"I-" I mumbled. 

How did he find time to buy a drink!?

"What took you so short?!" I asked in defence.

Jimin chuckled before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

"I'll never tell my ways," he explained. "We can do the big reveal in our hotel."

Oh god... Here we go.