Chapter 24

"Jimin?" 

Those eyes.

"Jimin!?"

Those impossibly familiar eyes. 

I gasped in fear while shooting up in bed. 

Frantically, I looked around at my surroundings. 

A ceiling fan... a light... a window...

Finally, I gently exhaled as soon as I saw Jimin laying beside me, on his phone. 

He glanced at me momentarily with a mix of a confused and concerned expression. 

"Are you alright?" 

"Yeah," I assured, still gaining my bearings. "Just a-"

I stared at a clock hanging on the wall across from us silently.

"Just a what?" Jimin asked, confused why I stopped mid-sentence. 

"It's 12 PM?" I questioned.

"Answer my question first," Jimin replied, still staring down at his phone. 

"Just a bad dream," I responded while pushing my hair back. "A bad dream," I mumbled.

"To answer your question," Jimin begun. "You wouldn't wake up even when I tried."

"It's our last day, Jimin!" I grumbled. 

He shrugged in response. 

"Don't you shrug me, young man!" I giggled while lightly slapping his arm. 

"Okay, okay," Jimin chuckled in response. "I'll make sure we do something fun before the festival to make it up to you."

"Really?" I asked with a small smile.

Jimin nodded while jumping out of bed.

-=+=-

"I'm pretty sure this is illegal," I muttered while tugging on Jimin's sleeve. 

"It's barely illegal," Jimin assured. 

"How is it 'barely illegal'?" I questioned while folding my arms. 

"We're practically 18." 

Before I could respond, something caught my eye. The brightness of the setting sun got in the way, but I was certain I saw the same man again. As soon as we made eye contact, he began approaching us. 

"Jimin," I mumbled while trying to hide. "I think we should go."

"We'll be alright," he stated nonchalantly. "We've already waited in the line for ages and the bouncer hasn't asked anyone in front of us for their ID in ages."

"I know," I began. "But it's-"

"ID?"

I immediately looked up at Jimin, unsure what to do. He glanced back down at me, afraid we were about to get busted.

"Here," an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind me. "They're with me."

The bouncer looked at the person behind me and gave him a bright smile as if the man was a regular. 

"Have a great time."

Just like that, Jimin and I were shoved into the club. 

"Hey man, thanks for that," Jimin thanked the person who had helped us in. 

Only now did I see his face. Even through the dark lighting, I could tell who it was.

"Anytime," they responded while staring at me dead in the eye. 

"Jimi-"

"Don't be rude, y/n," Jimin grumbled while taking my hand. "We should buy him some drinks for helping us."

-=+=-

He wouldn't stop staring at me. I couldn't believe Jimin would get so aggressive and protective over other men, yet he still let this guy stare at me like I was some artefact.  

Jimin seems to be having fun at least. 

Finally, the man peeled his eyes away from me and landed them on Jimin. He placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder before leaning closer to his ear to tell him something. I couldn't hear what was being said over the loud music, but I knew it was something I wouldn't like to hear. 

Jimin gave the man a small nod before walking over toward the bar. 

I'm guessing he asked Jimin to get him a drink. Not too bad. I can get through this. 

I shot head down as soon as the 'mystery man' turned to face me. 

After a few seconds, I felt a presence in front of me. 

My eyes darted up from the table I was looking at to the man, accidentally making eye contact.

This is not how I expected our last day to go.

"Hey."

I slowly looked up at the man in front of me after he attempted to gain my attention. 

"I bought this for you," as he spoke, he slid a drink across the table in front of us over to me. 

"Oh," I muttered, panicking a little. "I don't drink."

The man impatiently glanced over at the bar, where Jimin was very occupied. 

"I insist you have it," he stated while staring at me with cold eyes.

What kind of person speaks like that?

"Really, I can't," I shook my head while speaking. "Thank you, though."

He looked mad. Very mad. The man kept his hand clenched on the table in front of us before slowly exhaling and releasing his grip. 

"I got you and your 'boyfriend' in here, I buy you a drink, and this is what I get in return?" He asked in a slightly angered tone. "A half-assed letdown?"

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your apologies," he interrupted before showing a crooked smile. "I just want you to have fun."

I quickly glanced over at Jimin, who was still attempting to buy a drink, then back at the man. 

The only way he'd leave me alone was if I drunk his stupid drink. 

Reluctantly, I picked up the glass and took a sip. 

"It's good," I hummed while trying not to scrunch up my face. I lied. That drink was anything but good. It was surprisingly bitter and salty compared to the pink fruity look of the liquid.

"Really?" The man asked in a relaxed tone while leaning his elbows on the table. 

"Yeah," I responded with a soft nod. I could feel my body start to relax. Even though my brain felt a little fuzzy, I felt good. 

Is this what drinking alcohol is like? Surely I'd have to drink more to be tipsy...

"Tell me what you're feeling," he suggested in a light manner, still with that same smile resting on his lips. 

"I feel-" 

I leaned back in my chair while blinking quickly. I felt like I was losing my balance even though I was sitting still. Everything around me seemed to twist in a weird way I didn't think was possible. 

"I feel..."

The man stood up from in front of me, or at least that was all I could make out from the picture I was seeing. Bright neon lights and loud music contorted my senses.

"I feel sick..."