Chapter 12

I tripped over the loose rotting wood covering the bridge multiple times in my attempt to find Jimin.

Quickly, I ran to the river bank and searched for Jimin. The rushing water was lapping softly at my ankles as I desperately looked for him in the water, but all I could see the occasional stick floating past.

I jumped back in shock as Jimin emerged from the water, wearing the stupidest grin possible.

"Don't do that!" I yelled, lightly hitting his chest in annoyance. "I thought you died."

"You thought correct," Jimin picked me up gently and swung me around, getting water all over me in the process. "For I am merely the ghost of Jimin!" 

"Stop it!" I giggled. 

"But seriously," I mumbled as soon as Jimin put me down. "I was about to start planning your funeral and everything."

"Wow," he said with a chuckle. "I see how it is..." Jimin teased.

"How what is?" I asked while holding out his shirt for him to take.

"You seem pretty eager to replace me." He grabbed his shirt and began putting it on. Before I could contradict his statement, he began talking again.

"But it sucks to be you because in a few days you'll be stuck with me forever," As we talked, we began our journey home. By now, the sun had fully risen so I had guessed it was 6 am. 

"The deal wasn't forever," I corrected.

"But, if I become your boyfriend, you'll want me forever," Jimin stated, confidence evident in his voice.

"Are you sure about that?" I taunted with a giggle. 

"I'm certain," he said while wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

"Wait," I whispered while coming to a halt. 

"What?" Jimin asked in confusion.

"What's that sound?" I whispered while staring at the bush that was located directly beside us. It was making a weird rustling noise.

"It's just the wind," Jimin assured as he continued walking.

There it is again.

"That isn't the wind!" I announced in horror while pointing to the rustling bush which was getting louder and louder by the second.

"I'll see what it is then," Jimin sighed while approaching the bush. "Ahh!" He yelled as he jumped away from it. I covered my face for protection against whatever beast I thought was lurking inside the swamp of branches and leaves.

I heard Jimin erupt in a deep fit of laughter. 

Slowly, I lowered my hands away from my face, ready to scowl at him, but was surprised at what I found in his arms.

A white kitten with huge light blue eyes was staring over at me. It was obviously homeless as it wasn't wearing a collar, was slightly underweight and had dirt in its fur. 

"Okay, time to go back little buddy," Jimin announced while leaning back down to the bush.

"No!" I yelled, stopping Jimin in his path. "We can't just leave it here," I mumbled.

"Why not?" He asked while holding out the kitten. 

"It needs a home," I replied while taking the kitten in my arms. It nuzzled its head into my arm and closed its eyes, ready to fall asleep. I stared up at Jimin with a pout. 

"I think I'm going to cry," I whispered while looking back down at the sleeping kitten.

"Fine," Jimin sighed as he continued walking. "Only because you want it, though."

"Yay!" I whispered in triumph while closely following Jimin. "Your father and I are going to take good care of you," I said to the kitten while softly patting it.

"I'm a father now?" Jimin asked with a bright smile. I nodded with a giggle. 

"And this will be our son," I added while staring down at the kitten in my arms. "Well, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet," I mumbled.

"I'm pretty sure it's a boy," Jimin responded.

"Well, then he's the most handsome kitten I've ever seen," I giggled.

-=+=-

"Oh, no, it's okay," I whispered while bathing the squirming kitten. "We're nearly done," I reassured. He let out a frustrated meow before attempting to shake off the water on its fur.

"All done!" I announced while holding him up to Jimin's face.

"Doesn't seem done," he mumbled while staring at the kitten. 

"Well, he's not dry yet, but when he is, he'll be done," I said with a soft smile.

"One problem," Jimin mumbled. "I don't have any cat food."

"Can you please go and get some?" I asked while grabbing a small towel. Jimin nodded before leaving the bathroom. Softly, I began drying the kitten. 

"All done," I whispered while picking the kitten up. "Daddy didn't let me sleep last night so I'm going to have a nap," I whispered to the kitten while taking it into the living room.

Soon, I fell asleep with our new kitten on my somach. 

A/n What do you think of the newest member of the family? Also, what should they name it?