Chapter 9

I woke up with a pounding headache.

"I didn't even drink last night," I groaned while sitting up. It was probably because I had only gotten two hours of sleep.

"Why are you getting up so early?" Yoongi grumbled from the other side of the couch.

I ran my fringes through my hair while standing up.

"I need to see someone," even though my legs were all wobbly and I was on the verge of passing out, I stumbled into my room to get changed.

-=+=-

I almost fell asleep while knocking on Jimin's front door, but he woke me up by opening it. He didn't look the slightest bit tired even though he must've stayed up late last night.

"Woah," he chuckled, "you look dead."

"I am dead," I groaned while walking into his house. I sat down on his bed and tried to keep my eyes open fully.

"Remember last night?" I asked while weakly pointing at him. Jimin patiently nodded in response. "Do you know who came into the store before me?"

"Nope," he said while shaking his head.

"So that means..." I gasped in realisation.

If the "stalker" was Namjoon then Jimin would have recognised him since he goes to our school. Who would stalk me anyway?

"That answer just gave me more questions," I mumbled as my eyes grew heaver.

"You know, the nickname 99 really suits you after all of this detective work," Jimin said with a grin. I slowly nodded while fighting the urge to doze off.

Jimin pulled me into his arms. I was too tired to move and honestly, it was pretty comfortable.

"I'm just going to have a short nap," I mumbled while finally closing my eyes.

"Goodnight," he whispered before kissing my forehead. My cheeks heated up a little before falling asleep. What a perfect moment.

-=+=-

I woke up to the sound of my phone violently vibrating. My eyes slowly opened to the sight of Jimin checking my phone.

"Number one boss..." He mumbled while staring down at me. "Didn't you say he was your boyfriend?"

"About that," I said softly before explaining the spur of the moment lie that happened quite a while ago. Jimin handed my phone back to me with a confused expression.

#1 Boss<3: Your break is over, please be at work tonight.

I really need to change his contact name to Mr Kim.

I had requested a break from work over the last weeks of school so I could properly focus on my studies but in that time I had forgotten I had a job. I still never answered his proposal about dating him yet so I guess he can't fire me?

My eyes drifted up to the time, it read 4:53 PM.

"My shift starts at 5," I mumbled while biting my lip.

I glanced down at the clothes I was wearing then back at Jimin.

"These will have to do," I mumbled. What I was wearing wasn't sophisticated, but it wasn't daggy. "Jimin, can you take me to work?" I asked softly.

"If I had a license I wouldn't have brought Jungkook to that vacation." He mumbled while looking down at me. I sprinted out of Jimin's front door with my phone in hand.

"I'm sorry, I'll see you tomorrow!" I yelled while leaving.

I ran home as fast as possible.

Me: Sorry this is so last minute but could you pick me up from my place?

#1 Boss <3: I'll be there soon.

I quickly threw on some work clothes and shuffled to the front door. A few seconds later, there was a knock from the other side. I texted Jin to tell him I was going to work and opened the front door.

Taehyung's familiar face greeted me on the other side.

"Miss me?" He asked with a box smile. His suit had marks on his shoulders from droplets of water hitting them.

I stared at him blankly for a few seconds.

"It's beginning to rain so we should go." He said while turning away. I quickly nodded and walked out of the house, making sure to close the door behind me.

I stepped into his expensive car lightly, making sure not to break anything. It sure was weird having one of your friend's friend be your boss, it was even weirder that we had to pretend to be dating for a month or so and it was even weirder that he asked me to be his girlfriend by the end of it.

I watched as small droplets of water rolled down the passenger seat's window.

"We're here," he said as the car stopped. I stepped outside into the rain with a sigh.

"A thank you would be nice." He muttered while walking past me. I quickly shuffled up beside him.

"Thank you Mr Kim," I said softly as we walked into the huge office building.

-=+=-

"Staple these please," Taehyung said while handing me a stack of papers. No matter how hard I tried to accept the papers I couldn't help but keep staring at the wall, deep in thought. "Hello?" He asked, I continued to unintentionally ignore him.

"Y/n!" He yelled while slamming his hands along with the stack on my desk. I jumped in suprise and stared up at him in fear.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't fire you right now!?" He yelled in rage. I stared at my lap in silence.

"Well?!" He asked, encouraging me to speak.

"I don't have any," I mumbled softly.

"What was that!?" He asked while leaning down closer to me.

"I don't have any reasons for you not to fire me, Mr Kim." I said with a shaky voice. "Other than the fact that I need to work here." I added.

"I don't care if you need money or not," he said, Taehyung's face was incredibly close to mine. "The only reason I do this is because Jungkook wants me to." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as tears began welling in my eyes.

"I don't want your apologies, I just want you to do your job," he groaned while running his fingers through his hair.

I fumbled all of the papers that were now scattered over my desk into a neat pile and began stapling them.

Mr Kim seems meaner than before, he can't still be salty about me not answering his proposal yet... Right?