Chapter 20

"Your confidence scares me," I mumbled while staring at Jimin.

He was trying to read a map upside down. Quickly, I turned it around so it'd make sense.

"Why don't we just use Google Maps?" I asked with a frustrated sigh.

"That's no fun," he explained. "We're searching for fun."

I groaned while watching a man on a bike ride by.

"Stop checking out other dudes," Jimin grumbled, still examining his map.

"I'm not," I said quietly.

"I'm just kidding," Jimin chuckled. "Loosen up, we're here to have a good time."

I gave him a weak smile but couldn't help to be disappointed. 

After three days, all of this is going to end.

"Jimin," I called softly.

He hummed in response.

"Once this ends, what are we going to do?"

"Well," he began while standing up from the park bench. "I'll do my best to be the greatest boyfriend you will ever have."

"Meaning?" I asked while joining him in standing up. 

"I'll be doing things like this with you for the rest of our lives!" He announced while back hugging me tightly. "You'll never get away from me!"

"Nooo!" I yelled dramatically with a giggle.

Jimin grabbed my hand and began walking down the street.

"I'm happy I won," Jimin stated with a sweet smile.

"Won?" I asked softly.

"Back in the day I had a lot of competition," Jimin sighed.

"What competition?" I giggled.

"Jungkook, Jin, your weird boss, " he listed.

"That's enough," I rushed.

Jimin held up my hand and shook it tightly with a proud smile.

-=+=-

"Woah," I whispered in awe.

"Impressive, right?" Jimin stated before taking a sip of his drink.

Fish and other marine life were floating around in a huge display in front of us. Colours of the ocean danced in front of us, each movement from each animal was sporadic, yet they all moved together in a swaying motion.

I smiled softly while watching them swim peacefully.

"I hope to one day to achieve such zen," Jimin announced in a respectful tone.

"They're so chill," I exclaimed as we walked to the next display.

My eyes grew wide, seeing the animal that belonged to the enclosure.

"Jimin!" I dragged him in front of the glass and held onto his arm tightly while watching the adorable animals in front of us. "I want a sea otter!"

"We have Fluffy, he's practically a sea otter," Jimin chuckled.

I couldn't help but remember the state Fluffy was in and stare at the floor silently for a few seconds.

"Fluffy isn't anywhere near an otter," I mumbled.

"You can think that," Jimin said with a soft smile.

We continued walking down a hall that fed through an enclosure. A turtle floated peacefully over the top of us. 

"This is so relaxing," I whispered softly.

"Wow," Jimin mumbled. "I was expecting this to be heart fluttering material."

"It is," I assured. "That otter made my heart explode, pull itself back together and then explode again."

"I don't like that image in my mind," Jimin mumbled while watching a jellyfish float by.

-=+=-

"Rain?" I grumbled as we stepped outside.

"It's okay," Jimin exclaimed while wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "We should just run to the nearest place we can stay."

I nodded quickly. Instantly, Jimin and I sprinted down the footpath in the pouring rain with only the street lights to illuminate our paths.

"Where are we meant to go!?" I questioned while desperately pressing on a traffic light crossing button.

"Uhh," Jimin mumbled while looking at the buildings around us. "There has to be one somewhere near here..."

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled, seeing the pedestrian light go green. 

We quickly ran across the road to find a motel nearby.

"Finally," I sighed as we got inside. It was much warmer than being outside in the rain, that's for sure.

"Are you two looking for a room?" The lady at the reception desk asked while looking at the both of us up and down.

Jimin nodded while wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry," she sighed, but I could tell she didn't care. "We're full."

"It's just for one night-" Jimin began.

"I'm sure it's just for one night," she responded while leaning back in her chair.

This must look so weird... A young couple walking into a motel with no bags just after the sun went down, only staying one night.

"We should try another place," I whispered as I began pulling on Jimin's arm. He, however, seemed to be too mad to let this go.

"Look," Jimin grumbled. "She isn't even my girlfriend!"

The lady's stare left Jimin to focus on me. 

"Yeah, we get people like that here," she stated while inspecting her nails.

"What's with the attitude, lady?" Jimin searched around the room for another staff member. "By 'she's not my girlfriend' doesn't mean we're just hooking up-"

"Let's go, Jimin," I groaned in a stern tone. "The rain as died down a little."

Jimin took one last glance at the woman before marching out of the motel.

"I can't believe they employ people like that to talk to others all day," he mumbled to himself as we walked down the street in the light rain.

"Same," I sighed.

"Let's try this one," Jimin suggested as we walked into a different motel.

The two people at the reception desk glanced up at us as we walked inside.

"How can I help?" The male worker asked politely.

"Could we book here just for one night?" Jimin asked quietly.

"You sure can," the male stated with a sneaky wink. Jimin looked down at me while wiggling his eyebrows. Swiftly, I elbowed him in the side.

-=+=-

"I'm so tired," I groaned into my pillow.

"Me too."

I lifted my head up from my pillow to look at Jimin, who had moved his mattress right next to mine so they'd make a queen-sized bed.

"What's with the renovations?" I asked while turning onto my side to face Jimin.

"Do you have a problem with my changes?" Jimin questioned in response.

"No I-"

"Good," he interrupted while turning away.

"Good," I whispered to myself while mimicking his previous action.

A/n I once again apologise for the late chapter, Wattpad has really been goofing on me... Anyway, would you guys like a Namjoon x reader book next? Please tell me!