Project Partner

Annie's POV

"Maisy! Hurry up!" I beg.

"Alright. Now stop talking over my music." She plugs her earbuds in again.

The public bus left us at the beginning of her neighborhood, so we had to walk the rest of the way. It was kind of embarrassing to be seen walking and sweating on the road while cars passed by.

The houses we large and had tones of privacy. The house were at least 20 meters spread apart. Like I said, lots if room.

We finally reach the her house, which I might add was at the very end of this maze. By the time we were up the hill, we were panting dogs.

"Maisy...why is her door open?" I look at Maisy in wide eyes.

Together, we both rush into the house without hesitation, even though we were already out of breath and tired. It took some time, but we had finally searched the whole bottom floor.

I put my pointer finger on my lips, indicating Maisy to stay quiet. She did the same and we both step up the stairs. Even though I could die, this was epic.

We turned into the first door that we see, and surprisingly the room was dark but the bathroom lights were on.

It didn't take long before Maisy and I burst through the door, finding a tub full of red liquid and a body.

Mackenzie's.

It look like she might have seen us. It happened so fast I can't comprehend what just happened. Then I realized that Maisy was shrieking.

"Maisy!" I pull on her wrist.

She didn't answer. She was in full shock mode. I dialed the number 9-1-1 on my phone with shaking fingers.

"911. What is your emergency?"

"Um I need an ambulance. My friend slit her wrist and is bleeding...lots." I shudder.

"Okay. Where to?"

"{Adress} Please hurry!"

"An ambulance is on there way. Make sure that she is still breathing."

"Yes ma'am." I end the call and let go of Maisy's wrist, letting her slide down the wall.

I wish Maisy could have been more help. Quickly, I run over tot he tub and hesitantly raise two fingers to her neck.

I let out a huge sigh, she was still alive. I could feel her pulse. Barely.

WEEEEE UUUUUUU WEEEE UUUUUUU
(That's the sound it makes right??^^)

Within seconds, people are dragging her out and asking us question.

"Sweetie, can you please tell me what happened?" The lady in front of me asks.

I could see someone trying to talk to Maisy but she wouldn't respond.

"U-um, My friend Maisy and I were supposed to come over for a project when we saw that her front door was wide open. So, we go around the house looking for her...and found her in the tub. My friend went off and I was the one who called." I explain.

"Thank you so much," She turns and talks to someone, who I recognize is the person who trued talking to Maisy.

My eyes wander back to where Maisy sat but she was gone.

"Where is my friend?" I suddenly blurt.

"Your friend is in complete shock and will need to come with us."

"May I come?" I ask.

"Of course. "

"Okay, let me call her parents."
-
-
-
Text Conversation

JayB💖- annie! omg are you okay? i over heard my parents and your conversation

Me- im fine. but i think maisy is not

JayB💖- are you going to school? whats up with mais

Me- yeah. im on the bus rn and mais is not coming. she's in utter shock

JayB💖- annie

Me- what?

JayB💖- i just realized. Today is the gymnastics team tryouts

Me- omg! mais is going to die. we practiced so hard

JayB💖- we were going to be the Chicken Girls! All three of us. We can't try out with two

Me- there is always next year

JayB💖-but you wanted this

Me- its not complete without mais

JayB💖- i know... btw how is the Kenzie?

Me- who??

Me- ohh

Me- idk. do you know her?

JayB💖- yeah, we're friends

JayB💖- not best friends but friends

Me- oh k

Me- gtg ill see u in class

JayB💖- k byeee👋👋👋
Read at 7:23 am
End of Text Conversation
----------------------------------------------------------
Lol I just realized that the title for chapter one has the number 1 and the others don't have numbers😂😂😂😂 i meant to post this yesterday but family stuff so here you go!