Hospital Bed

Mackenzie's POV

I groan as the bright lights hit my eyes. I try to push myself up with my right arm but a burning sensation down. Stupid scars...

"Ah!" I hiss at the pain.

I hadn't notice that my vision was blurry, or that it was starting to clear up. Several people that I didn't know and didn't were in the room. All except for two people were nurses, I recognize.

"M-mom..." I croak.

"Mackenzie!" She was by my side instantly, planting kisses all over my face. "Sweet child! Why?" Her voice was starting to cry and tears where there.

Greg, comforting mom beside her, gave me sad and sympathetic look. I shift my head, uncomfortable with with the amount of people in the room. I couldn't help the tears from falling down my cheeks.

"He came back mom...Neels," A sob escapes. "H-he forced me to-"

Greg eyes motion for me to stop and I hault in mid- sentence. Mom's eyes were cleared from tear and were filled with rage.

"The Orlando's came to visit." She manages to spit out before pitting on a fake smile.

My heart sinks. My biological parents spilt, my boyfriend had lost all interest in me, my best friends go against me, I'd gone into depression, and tried to kill myself and somehow the odds couldn't be in my favor.

I shook my head furiously, to the point that it hurt. "Don't be like that. I bet they both came to apologize."

"Don't. Let. Them. I-" I began to object with rage.

BEEP beep BEEP beep BEEP beep

"ARGH!" A ringing noise blasts through my skull.

More people in hospital uniform burst through the door and my mom was gone.
-
-
-
"Hey...Mackenzie. I'm sorry," The was a pause. "I-m sorry that I wasn't there to help you or beat the crap out of that guy. Or prevent you from doing this."

A new image was put into my mind. I was standing in the sky's, listening to and angels voice. He was happy.

I tried to reach out for him but I couldn't move. I was stiff. I watch as the the angel sobs in front of me. I wanted to give him a hug and tell him there was no need to apologize.

So instead, I just listen to his voice.

"It's all my fault! L-lauren misses you...you know that right? I miss you...I need you Mackenzie. I'm so sorry. It's my fault you're dead."

Dead.

Dead..

I died?
---------------------------

Proud. I'm so amazed at what this 13 year old has accomplished! Keep reaching for your dreams Kenz💘💘💘💘💘