Other Boy

Edmund was spending more time at my place than he spent at work, which I found out was only part-time in the mailroom at our building. He cooked for me on multiple occasions and everything he made was amazing to me. We kissed, went out for coffee and hot chocolate, and even went for a few runs at my athletic centre. It was a slow moving relationship, but fast enough for us.

It was on one such outing to the café that I discovered just how jealous and possessive I could be. We had gotten our drinks and sat at my favourite booth. This time Edmund had sat facing the doorway. I had waved to the regulars, since we had become regulars of a sort ourselves the ladies smiled and waved back. I was enjoying the shavings off the top of my hot chocolate with my spoon as usual.

A rowdy group came in, at least five or six younger people. I ignored them and Edmund was flipping through a paper he had picked up on the way over. It was nice, relaxed and our usual kind of date. That was before we heard a squeal from one of the people who came in. A flurry of clothes and curls jumped into the booth and clasped him into a hug.

"Daddy! What are you doing here! When are you going to play with me again?" The high voice chittered at him as he leaned away and tried to pry the arms from around him. The damage was done though, in my eyes. I was fuming mad. How dare the little slut touch my boyfriend. I literally started growling at them from across the booth and the young man looked over at me in surprise.

"Oscar, this is my new boyfriend Brendan. I can't play with you anymore because he is my one and only priority right now." He looked directly at me while he said it and I felt my body relax slightly at the words. They were direct and left no room for interpretation. He said I was number one and he wasn't going to see this... boy.

"Oh. Hello there. Are you sure, Edmund? He doesn't look like he's into... our sort of play. Can he satisfy you?" The boy looked at me with innocent looking eyes that seemed to hide a load of malice. He looked over my clothes and hair, and then his brows rose. I was leagues above them both in that regard: I knew I didn't quite fit in with this place or either of them.

My shirt was the finest of silks, my slacks were superfine and perfectly pressed. My watched even screamed money, since it was a gift from my grandfather before he passed away I never went a day without it. The Saxonia by A. Lange & Sohne was a standout piece, a white band with a gold trim and lettering that my grandfather said was elegant and suited me better than the black watch my father bought me.

Even with all that, I felt unsure. Could I satisfy a man like Edmund? We had barely kissed a little since we started dating, and he spent most of his time looking after me rather than I was doing anything for him. I looked to him for reassurance, realising I suppose in that instance how flawed I was. He was looking at me with consideration. I gulped and blushed, looking down at my hot chocolate and waiting for his reply with my heart in my ears.

"Yes, Oscar. He is perfect. I am sure he will satisfy me just fine." He said firmly. I looked up in relief. He thought I was perfect? I beamed a smile at him and he winked back at me. Oscar, realising he was beaten I think, shrugged and moved out of the booth to rejoin his friends. I sighed in relief as he left. He made me feel inadequate with his blond curls and baby blue eyes, petit stature and graceful movements.

I was bigger than the boy, klutzy at times, incompetent outside of the office, terrible at social niceties, awkward with strangers, and the list went on. How much could being moderately handsome and rich make up for a personality like mine? I wasn't certain with Edmund. He seemed to accept me more than any other person I had tried to befriend.

"Do you want to leave?" He asked me from across the booth. He nodded towards the group that had taken over three tables and were talking loud enough for the whole place to hear. I nodded and gulped down the last of my hot chocolate even though it was slightly hotter than I liked. I blotted my mouth and moved out of the booth.

We crossed to the door together, I heard the whispers from the Oscar boy and his friends as we passed. The mere fact that they dropped their voices was suspicious. The words themselves made me grimace. It was bound to be said by someone, the fact that it was that boy was what rankled the most. Looks like Daddy found a Sugar Baby.

"Don't listen to them Brendan. He is just jealous. You are handsome, kind, smart and the perfect man for me." He whispered in my ear. I nodded, still feeling a little unsure. We needed to talk about some of the comments Oscar had brought up, just not here, not in public. I got in Edmund's old car and we went back to my place.

"We need to talk." I said once inside. Edmund stopped dead and nodded in understanding. I motioned to the living room. He took the chair that he liked and I sat on the couch. Where to start? I didn't have to begin, since Edmund faced me head on.

"You are wondering about what Oscar said?" He asked me.

"Yes. Why did he call you Daddy? Or, more importantly I suppose, what exactly was he talking about when he said 'play' back there? You aren't some sadist or something? Are you?" I was nervous. What if he was into hitting or tying people up? Could I be a supportive boyfriend then? I wasn't so sure anymore that I wanted to be perfect for him if that was the case.

"I can tell you are freaking out, so I will do my best to calm your fears. I am not a sadist. I am answering that first because I can tell it is bothering you the most. Okay?" He stood up and moved next to me. Taking my hands into his, he looked down and took a deep breath before continuing.

"The play he is referring to will explain why he called me 'Daddy.' You see Oscar likes to pretend he is a little boy again sometimes. So when we were seeing each other, I would be his caretaker and do things like a parent would do for their child. This is a type of play with a Daddy or Mommy and a Little Boy or Girl. It falls under BDSM technically, but it is more about dominance that needs to care for their partner rather than having their partner submit or be second class in the relationship. Do you understand?" He looked at me anxiously. I was sort of taking it all in.

"So, you like taking care of me? It isn't a burden?" I was connecting the dots. I wasn't stupid after all. It explained so much in our relationship so far. His eagerness to cook for me, his happiness to help me out and his undivided attention. Wasn't this a good thing then? Maybe what he said was true, I was the perfect boyfriend because I needed him.

"No, sweetheart. It isn't a burden. I really love being able to help you out. Maybe...." He stopped and got a far away look in his eyes. He came to a decision or two I think. "Would you like to come to my house? Would you like to meet my family? Maybe you will understand a little better where I am coming from."

"Really? I would love to D...Edmund!" I stopped and blushed when I realised what nearly came out of my mouth. I almost said it! His eyes had widened. He had caught the slip. I was sure of it.

"Do you want to call me Daddy? You can if you would like to." He bit his lip and waited for my reply. I did. I was just a little embarrassed about it.

"Are you sure? Maybe just here? I kind of like it...for a pet name you know." I didn't meet his eyes. He grabbed my chin and turned me for a gentle kiss. I melted into it. I closed my eyes and let the hot tongue make my uncertainty fly far from my thoughts. This was what really mattered. This gentle connection we had. These fluttering feelings that spun in my stomach when he touched me.

"Can I call you Baby?" He whispered into my ear. I whispered so quietly back, it was a wonder he heard me at all.

"Yes."