Moving Forward

My butt hurt. I wanted to stay home from work but there was no way Edmund would let me do that after yesterday. I had to face my problems and suck it up. I was limping a little when I left my place, since it was so hard to get dressed and eat breakfast with a stiff, sore backside. Edmund had helped me a little, but it was bruised and just needed to heal.

"Are you alright honey? Edmund told me you took a tumble yesterday." I ran into the nice lady who lived next door to me and I blushed under her concerned gaze. How embarrassing.

"Ah, yes ma'am. Just a little sore." I replied self-consciously. At least I had a built in excuse for my limp, both thanks to Edmund. If she knew the real reason I was hobbling to the elevator she would probably shake her head at me. I briefly imagined telling her just to shock her, then decided Edmund might give me another spanking for that.

I was trying to be good. That's why I was going to work and facing the idiots that had caused all this in the first place. On my way there I stood on the subway instead of sitting down. I was tempted to pick up a cushion, but decided my chair was probably good enough. Part of me felt like I probably deserved to suffer a little for losing my cool like that.

I got to work with no nonsense and by lunch time my anger level was rising again. The three of them in that division were stalling me. I knew it for certain now. I sent a brusque email to who I believed to be the leader of this small rebellion in an attempt to curb this from going any further. I copied my boss so she would have an idea of what had been going on.

Please forward me the numbers for Gentech that were due yesterday. I cannot proceed with their contracted orders until you do so. If you have a legitimate reason for not having them available, please explain and I will forward your concerns to the client. If you continue to hold up my accounts I will be forced to report you. I will be requesting a different working group regardless of your actions. ~Brendan

Thankfully I had been going back and forth on the same threads with them all week, so she would be able to read the nonsense they had been sending back as excuses. I sent a private massage to her making the request for the change of working group, and saved all the emails aside in a folder in case they came back at me, trying to accuse me of being the problem.

Her response was swiftly returned. My request was granted, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Within half-an-hour I had an email from my new working group and the woman seemed very nice and efficient. The numbers I needed were there as well, and my numbers for the next week. I rushed through the final draft of my paperwork and sent about a dozen emails.

The order was still going to be delayed a couple of days, but that could be excused or made up for in shipping. I think she must have called ahead for the printing department because they were expecting me and they got me in right away. I texted Edmund that I was going to be late tonight. It couldn't be helped. This had to get done before tomorrow and I needed to get a start on my next project if it was going to be on time.

I didn't even notice how sore I was until I was standing in the subway on my way home. The lack of momentum now allowed me to feel the ache in my backside like a thundering beat of a drum in time to my heartbeat. I was staggering by the time I got to the door. When I opened it, there was my boyfriend with his arms held wide open.

I sighed and fell into them. I was exhausted. I felt his lips kiss my head and then I was swept up into his arms. I leaned my head against his shoulder, trying to fight off sleep. He took my clothes off carefully, snickering when I yawned really widely and almost fell over. Then he took me into the bathroom and I nearly cried at the sight of a steaming hot bath.

I whimpered as he helped me climb into the tub. The bubbles tickled my skin and smelled like vanilla and lavender. I felt the soft bathmat stuck to the bottom of the tub with relief, it cushioned my sore butt nicely. I relaxed back against the pillow and just breathed. His hand stroked through my hair softly, lulling me into a half-sleep state.

I was pet awake some time later, the water cooled slightly and a big fluffy towel was presented to me as I stepped out of the tub. I let him wrap me up and rub me down. My eyes half-closed, I was walked into the bedroom and helped into some comfy pajamas. I yawned again even as my stomach rumbled in hunger. Edmund shook his head at me.

He led me to the kitchen and sat me down at my place. I didn't even have to feed myself, he forked my food and helped me with that too. A couple of times I caught my head bobbing from how tired I was. He kissed my forehead and murmured to me if I was done. I was too sleepy to even know if I was still hungry. I just stared at him, blinking slowly and taking in his handsome face.

"Can I go to bed early Daddy?" I mumbled. He nodded his head and picked me up in his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms wrapped around his shoulders. My head was so heavy it fell onto my shoulder and slumped onto his. I was reluctant to let go when we reached the bedroom, but my bed beckoned sweetly.

"You are so perfect baby. I love you." I swear I heard him whisper in my ear as I fell into a deep sleep.

*

I woke with a start. The room was dark and I reached out for Edmund. The bed was empty. I whimpered. The sheets were cool too, so I knew deep down he hadn't just gotten up. I shifted in the bed and my butt twinged in pain. I got up, looked around the neat room and wandered out into the condo. He wasn't in the bedroom, the bathroom or the kitchen. I went to the living room and checked his favourite chair.

Dark. Empty. The warm buzz from earlier was leaving me and I was chilled to the bone. I picked up my teddy bear from the couch and sat on the cool surface with it pressed against my face. I tried to take deep breaths. The faint scent of Edmund's cologne was teasing me with his absence.

I hated this. I hated him not being there. If... if he loved me, then he wouldn't leave me anymore. I nodded to myself. I grabbed my phone and selfishly called his number. It rang a few times, then he picked up with a worried tone. "What is it baby? Is everything okay?" He asked tiredly. I was trying to hold back my tears now as I listened to his warm voice.

"No. I can't sleep if you aren't here." I pouted even though I knew he couldn't see me. I heard him sigh at the other end of the line.

"It's just for a night or two..." He began to say but I cut him off with a growl.

"I don't want you to leave me anymore. I don't want to be alone anymore. Do you have to stay there?" I knew I was being unreasonable. Yet, the hesitation on the other end of the phone gave me a little hope.

"I still have a month left on my contract here baby. It would be a waste if I don't use it occasionally." He argued logically. Screw logic. Since when was that important when it came to relationships. That was one thing Edmund had taught me, go with what makes me happy. He made me happy.

"I don't care. Stay with me. Please Daddy? I love you too and I miss you so much...." I sniffled a little on the phone and I knew he was just itching to come and comfort me. I decided to use the clincher, the one thing I hadn't admitted out loud yet. "I need you."

There was silence on the other end of the phone, and for a moment I wondered if I had said too much. I panicked and felt my chest tighten. Tears streamed down my face now, and I was on the verge of taking it back. Until I heard the sniffle on the other end, faint yet there. My head spun with relief. He was just as overcome as I was right now.

"Really? You need me?" His gruff voice asked gently.

"Yes, Edmund. I do. So badly." I barely got the words out. My poor teddy was slightly soaked. I crushed him to me instead of having Edmund. My breath shuddered and I waited for a response.

"Okay. Okay, how about this weekend? Will you help me move this weekend?" He asked me in a rush. I was nodding before I could even get the words out.

"Yes! Of course I will. You can have the spare room until we find a place for all your stuff, okay? It is pretty much empty right now anyways." I was already looking around the room and planning where he could add some things here and there.

"Alright. Now go back to bed. I put some breakfast in the fridge for you and your clothes are on the first hanger in the closet. I left you a note, but I'm guessing you didn't see it yet. Get some more rest and I will see you tomorrow at lunch. I'm going to drop off a nice box lunch around 11:30 okay?" His voice rumbled coaxingly to me.

"Okay Daddy, love you!" I chirped to him happily. Yet again, I was getting my way. I was one happy boy.