Bars Are Not for Bad Boys

Thursdays are not very busy at bars usually. This particular bar however was quite active for the middle of the week, and the crowd in there all seemed to know each other pretty well. I had my Daddy dress me for the night out, since I wasn't really sure what I should wear to the place we were headed. He really seemed to like dressing me up too.

It made me feel special. Even more so than all the eyes that followed us as we came in that night. Edmund told me this was our crowd, but everyone seemed really normal on the surface. He said most people kept the appearances to a minimum outside of their private homes. They were like us, people with regular jobs that played around when they got home from work.

He brought me over to a table with a few couples at it and introduced me as his boyfriend. They congratulated him and said hello very politely to me. Then he explained that I was also his boy, which made me blush since I hadn't really been introduced officially to anyone that way. Two of them awed at my shyness. They introduced themselves then as the Daddy and Mommy of their relationships.

The little girl whispered to her Daddy and then motioned for me to sit next to her after he responded. I turned to Edmund and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention. He looked over and I just pointed at the spot and the girl while I looked up at him. He smiled and nodded, climbing in to the booth after me. The girl's name was Anna, but she asked me to call her Annie while we were here.

She was really nice. Not like that boy Oscar at all. I think he had been jealous that I was with Edmund now though. I was really happy that things were working out with him and I. I told her how he was teaching me about being in a little relationship and she let me ask her a whole lot of questions about how they were in their home. It was similar, but they had their own things too.

Annie liked getting her hair played with and her nails painted by her Daddy. They sometimes went on playdates to other people's homes so they could be social while they played. Her favorite colour was yellow and she had her own playroom decorated in sunflowers. Her Daddy liked to make all the decisions and take care of her too. She was his only family and they loved each other very much.

"Daddy, do you like having play dates?" I whispered to him when there was a lull in conversation. He glanced over at me and shrugged.

"Not really. I don't mind going out now and then, but I am not one for having others part of my play." He replied just as quietly.

"I like Annie and her Daddy, and Christopher and his Mommy are nice, but I think I like when it is just us too." I agree with him. I would rather keep our home life private. It was nice having someone to talk to and ask besides Edmund, but he was my main concern. It was what he liked and wanted that mattered more to me.

"Hey look! It's the Sugar Baby. Come to hang out with the lower class have you?" I heard the familiar voice sneer. I looked over to see Oscar standing with some friends and he gave me a raspberry before they laughed and wandered off. I frowned and clutched onto Edmund's sleeve with nervousness. He side hugged me close and whispered that he needed to speak to someone and would be right back.

I didn't want him to go and leave me alone after that happened. I pouted but he had Annie hold my hand until he got back. I saw him go over and talk to a man behind the bar. The man nodded and went through a back door. My Daddy came back to the table and sat back down. I leaned back into him and grabbed his arm instead.

"It's alright baby. Daddy took care of those mean boys for you." He whispered to me. I looked up at him in gratitude.

"Thank you Daddy." I was kind of tired and just wanted to go home after those boys were mean to me. The other Daddies and Mommies looked on sympathetically as Edmund cuddled me close and said we could go home if I was too tired. I was going to respond but I let out a big yawn instead.

They chuckled with my Daddy and then everyone turned to watch as Oscar was grabbed by the ear by a rather busty woman with a stern look. He protested as she hauled him out of his seat and told him that naughty babies were not allowed in the bar. I smiled a little and exchanged a glance with my Daddy. It really did pay to be a good boy in this community.

We said our goodbyes to the other people at the table and left shortly after. Edmund buckled me in to my seat and got the new car going without a problem. He put on my seat warmer to low and set the radio to a soft station that was soothing and putting me to sleep even more. I felt my head loll a little and he patted my leg gently.

"You were really good tonight baby. Thank you for being so nice to my friends. I know it isn't the kind of place that you are used to...." He said to me. I yawned and shook my head.

"No, it was much nicer. Everyone you introduced me to was really kind. Not fake smilers at all. It was a fun evening. I am sorry I ruined it by being tired." I blinked in an effort to stay awake. He grinned at me.

"Nonsense sweetheart. You were adorable and you didn't ruin it at all. Let's get you home to bed." He concentrated on driving and I let myself drift on autopilot, barely awake. I could feel the car moving and then when Daddy unbuckled my seatbelt and took me up to our home. It was nice to be carried, head on his shoulder and feeling his heartbeat against mine.

I didn't want to let go. I blinked a bit when he pulled off my clothes and then flopped onto the bed naked. I didn't want to put my arms into my shirt. I wanted to sleep now. I yawned again at him and he just chuckled. I felt the covers being tucked around me and sighed in contentment. I drifted away.

*

I was at the bar and my Daddy wasn't there. All sorts of faceless people stared at me as I sat there alone. Oscar laughed and pointed at me from a table nearby with his friends. There were no sounds, the utter quiet of the scene making me realise that I must be dreaming. I closed my eyes and screamed as hard as I could with my hands over my ears.

I jolted awake with sweat trickling down my face and reached out blindly for Edmund. His spot was empty, but it was warm. He had been here a minute ago but my panic had me looking for him now. I sat up and scrambled out of bed. I made it halfway to the toilet before the door opened to a familiar if surprised face. I flung myself into his arms.

He picked me up with little effort and whispered soothingly into my ear. I held him tight as he walked us back to the bed. He sat down and stroked my hair. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I could still smell his cologne and the scent of his shampoo from this morning. I could feel my heartbeat slowing as I relaxed in his embrace.

"Bad dream baby?" He asked me quietly. I nodded against his shoulder. He leaned back so I was sprawled over his thick body. I let my legs drape over him and my arms wrapped across his broad shoulders. My head laid next to his on the pillow and I stared into his eyes for a second before we both closed them to try to sleep. It was so much easier to sleep with him in my arms.