Live-in Daddy

Moving day was here and I was nearly bouncing in excitement. I had never lived with someone else like I was about to live with Edmund. I didn't think my parents counted since I barely ever saw them when we were living in the same house. Serving staff didn't count either, since they were hired and being paid to look after me instead of choosing to like he had.

I liked the fact that I got to poke around in all his stuff while I helped pack it. He kept getting mad at me for asking about all his pictures and trophies instead of just quickly wrapping them up and putting them in the boxes. His place was pretty small, so there wasn't a ton of stuff to pack and move. I didn't know what he was getting so stressed out about.

It was a bit of a shock when his two brothers showed up to help move his furniture. The disassembled bed, nightstands and coffee table were all easy to get into the truck we rented. The dresser, couch and entertainment unit were trickier and required some extra muscle. I was pretty tired hauling boxes, so I tried to hitch a ride on the couch while the brothers were carrying it out.

They got mad at me and called Edmund to kick me off of it before it went into the truck. He swatted my bottom when no one was looking and told me to behave. I just gave him a little kiss on the cheek and grabbed some more boxes. It took us all morning to pack his apartment up into the truck and then we stopped for lunch at a deli on the way to my place.

It seemed like it took far longer to get everything into my condo than it had to pack it. First off, I was on a higher floor. Second, there were two security checkpoints to get through from the parking garage and the truck didn't fit inside. It was so everyone in the building was safe, but it was also a pain in the butt when you were going back and forth with furniture and carts full of boxes.

Fortunately, most of Edmund's things fit nicely into the spare room. Those that didn't stayed in the living room until we could figure things out. I had hidden my stuff in the bedroom so his brothers couldn't see my toys through the hole in the side of my basket. I hadn't replaced the broken basket yet, and Edmund had been too busy to do it for me too.

I knew this move would be a little hard on him. I was very grateful that he would do it for me though. It reassured me that he was all in for this relationship. I didn't want it to be harder for him. I wanted it to be easier in the only way I could manage. It was easy for me to make room for him. It was easy for me to spend the money on a big condo like this.

He could do the things that were hard for me. Like shopping so I didn't run out of things and cooking so I didn't starve. He could keep me company now, so I didn't wake up scared in the middle of the night because I was alone. He was the person who would miss me if I jumped off the balcony. He was my reason for going through my daily routine.

He made it all... not pointless. All the work and stress that is. He gave me a reason to keep going on this path, even if it wasn't the most fun or interesting thing I could be doing. I was good at it. I got paid. That meant I could afford to make him comfortable, and he could concentrate on doing something he loved to do. I didn't know what I loved to do.

Other than come home to him and be his boy. I loved doing that. If my life allowed for that... then I think I was more than just happy. I was perfect. I appreciated the time it took to get everything sorted because it gave me all this time to think. I felt more comfortable about the direction my life was going in at this moment, and I knew it showed in the smile on my face.

"Ah, Brendan? I... uh, I wanted to apologize for the other night. You know, when we met you for the first time? Our mom said you felt uncomfortable with us giving Eddy a hard time, so I just wanted to say I was sorry. It won't happen again. I promise." The older brother said to me in the kitchen as we got drinks for the other two. They were putting together the bed in the spare room.

"Okay? Thank you, but it is not for me to accept your apology. When your brother accepts it, then you can consider us chill." I smiled knowingly at him and took the cold water into the other room. Edmund accepted his glass gratefully and took a long draw on it. I moved on to the living room to empty a box of movies onto the entertainment centre shelf.

I heard muttering from the other room and the older brother gave me a thumbs up about ten minutes later. I smiled wide and waved. He gave Edmund a break for dinner too, ordering pizza for the four of us from a great spot down the street. The younger brother went to pick it up and we all cheered tiredly from the living room couches when it came in.

I got the plates and sighed when the hot cheese passed my lips. This was one thing that Daddy had introduced me to that I was very, very grateful for. It was so delicious. The perfect end to a long, stressful day or just because you were too tired to cook. That was what Edmund said anyways. He and the brothers seemed to be getting on better today than they did at home.

They all talked quietly and respectfully until it was getting late. The guys left with a few hugs and promises to be by for dinner some time. Edmund sighed in contentment and carried me back into the living room, despite how tired I knew he was. I curled up with my head on his shoulder and played with the short hairs on the back of his neck.

"My brothers apologized to me for making fun of us at the house. Gave me kind of a shock, if I am being honest." He murmured to me. I smiled against his shoulder and nodded.

"That's great Daddy. Did it make you happy though?" I whispered in his ear so I wouldn't break the relaxed mood. He nodded and snuggled in to me. I felt his hot breath on my neck and my eyes fluttered closed. He was not going to be leaving tonight. He didn't ever have to leave again, if he didn't want to. Not as long as he was my Daddy and I was his boy. Not as long as I loved him.

"Very happy, my prince. Thank you." He said with a grin and a kiss against my neck. Oops, I was caught. He stretched out on the couch and laid me over top of him. It was very comfortable being his blanket. I could hear his heart beat under my head and he rubbed circles on my sore back. That was totally worth it though, to have a live-in boyfriend.

"Your welcome. We should go car shopping next week so you have a vehicle to use again. I mean, I don't mind if you use mine..." I grinned as he snorted.

"No thanks. If I am not about to have a heart attack from worrying about crashing it or being hit, then I feel like everybody is staring at me while I am driving. It is unsettling at best. I have a couple ideas for what I might get you. We can go next weekend after I have done a little research." He had his eyes closed now and was completely relaxed back on the pillows.

I felt his breathing even out and I let the sound of his heartbeat lull me to sleep.