Boys Will Be Boys

A/N short but fun...

We left the cabin a little earlier today because we were going to be meeting up with Edmund's new friends from the pool. I felt heat raise in my cheeks when I heard the neighbours come out of theirs at the same time. Fortunately, they were too occupied to notice us leaving at the same time. The man who scared me yesterday was hollering at some resort workers. The girl was whining and I was shocked at the bright colour of her skin.

"Daddy, she looks like a cooked lobster!" I whispered as I held Edmund's hand. He grinned and hustled me away to the breakfast buffet.

"I know baby, that's why I have been keeping you in the shade and well covered with sunscreen lotion. It is easy to burn if you aren't used to the sun here." He pulled me out a seat and told me to wait. I was brought a plate of scrambled eggs, toast, and a big glass of fresh juice. Then he got his own meal. "There are going to be more people today at the pool for you to meet. The guys are meeting up with their girls today."

"Do you think they will be nice to me?" I worried. The guys had been pretty nice, but I didn't know what to expect with the group of girls.

"Just be yourself Brendan and I know they will like you." He smiled at me over his coffee and I sighed. I was impatient to go swimming today because it was really hot. Hopefully we would be able to get chairs with umbrellas by the pool so we wouldn't get burnt. When Daddy was done his breakfast we left the hall and went to the pool area.

It was early enough that the deck was mostly deserted. Many of the chairs already had towels and bags next to them while the people grabbed their breakfast. We found two shade structures without any seats taken and started to set up there. One of the other guys stopped by and gave us his towels, plus we used our beach bags, plus our own towels. Then two more came over and spread out their stuff, so we had enough seats for everyone.

I was introduced to the first couple, well, the guy I already sort of knew from the previous day. They both seemed very nice. A lot like Edmund I suppose, with casual easy going attitudes and smiles. I asked the girl where they had been the other day and she told me all about their shopping trip. They went to a market with all sorts of souvenirs and island specialties.

Slowly more people showed up and took the seats we had saved. They were all the same. Easy going, down to earth, fun to talk to, and did not blink an eye at us being together. Edmund put sunscreen on my back and shoulders and I returned the favour. We sat next to each other and he gave me a light peck on the cheek when the boys took off into the pool for a game of catch.

"Oh my god, you two are too adorable." The girl on my right said with a grin. I blushed a little and grinned back.

"I can't help it. He is just the sweetest man I have ever met. Don't you think?" I gushed conspiratorially. She laughed.

"He is much nicer than he looks, I have to admit. From a distance though he is kinda scary." The girl on the left said. I laughed.

"It seems weird to me. I think I have only ever seen him really get angry once in all the time I have known him, and that was to defend me. Do you think it is the scruffy look? I mean, he can't really help that. We have tried, trust me." I mused as we watched the guys throwing the ball.

"I wouldn't worry about it. If you two are happy, then that's all that matters. I know my family didn't like my Mark the first time I brought him home. My dad called him a f*ckboy. He was terrified I was going to go and get pregnant or something." Another girl admitted to us. A few of us laughed. Her boyfriend really did look like the type.

"Yeah, and I gave Gary a hard time at first too. Turns out he wasn't nearly as stuck up as I thought he was. You shouldn't judge a book by it's latte is all I'm saying." The girl on my right piped up too. The girls all giggled a bit at that. I leaned back in comfort and we enjoyed the faint breeze as we kept up a casual and comfortable conversation.

"Hey! I thought you were going to come for a swim?" We heard shouted from the pool. I grinned lazily and waved it off as though I was too tired. We heard a splash and shrieks called out from all around me as the boys descended on us like a pack of wolves. Sherry and Carla were thrown over a shoulder and dragged to the pool. I was up and on my way out of there when a strong set of arms grasped my waist and hauled me up.

"No! NO! Put me down!" I hollered. I could hear laughter and tried to hold in my giggles as I was dragged sack of potatoes style to the edge of the pool. I clung onto his slippery skin and grabbed a hold of his bathing suit in my efforts to stay on dry land.

"Fine. You want to be difficult? I'll take you with me!" With that he jumped in the water with me still over his shoulder. I took a breath in the nick of time and let go of him as I crashed into the cool water. When I surfaced there was laughter from the deck, shrieking girls with soaked hair splashing their boyfriends, and boys laughing like mad at us as we shivered.

"What the hell Edmund!?" I was trying not to grin at him as he cackled at my soaked appearance. I took off my sunglasses and ducked under to fix my hair. Sticking out my tongue at him and going to the edge of the pool. I passed my glasses to Janet, who had managed to avoid the impromptu dunking and she took them with a smile. "Can you put these with my stuff?"

"Sure thing, Bren." She said, gathering a few things from the other girls in the water.

"Huddle!" I called out to them. They grinned and we put our arms around to discuss.

"They need punishment." Said Sherry with a scowl.

"They are already wet and I refuse to withhold sex." Carla came back with, making us all giggle a bit.

"Agreed. I say we steal the ball." I suggested with a smirk.

"I like it. Devon has it now. That means you are up." Sherry turned to Kay. Kay nodded and bit her lip.

"And break!" I shouted. We got into place and Kay sidled up to Devon. She stole the ball during a rather sly kiss and tossed it to Carla. She giggled when Gary came towards her trying to grab the ball. She passed it to Sherry, who missed it. Both her and Mark jumped for it and when she got a hold of it, she passed it to me. I saw Edmund shake his head at me and try to get between the girls and I. I splashed him and took off to the right.

He crashed after me, but I let the ball fly and got it to Carla again. She tossed it back to Kay because Gary had lifted her up and was trying to dunk her instead of get the ball back. I was laughing as Kay looked horrified at having the ball back and didn't notice Edmund had caught up to me. He grabbed me up onto his shoulder and spun me around once.

"I yield! I give!" I hollered. He dunked me anyways and we all gathered by the side to giggle and calm down. It was fun being everyone else's entertainment for a little while, but now I was tired from swimming and playing. I leaned against the side of the pool and listened to the chatter of the others for a bit. Then I got out, dried off and joined Janet again.

"Having fun?" She asked with a grin. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I really needed a break. Your friends are a lot of fun. Everyone is so nice. I'm glad I came." I said as I applied more lotion and leaned back with a content sigh.

"It is nice to get away from it all sometimes. Do you think you and Edmund would like to have dinner with us one night while we are here?" She squinted behind her glasses at me in the bright day.

"I will talk to Edmund, but I don't see why not. When the boys join us we can ask them what day they think would work." I closed my eyes and we both chatted about the beach, the food so far, and not looking forward to going back to work.