Standing Up

I think I was starting to understand what it meant to be little. More and more I could feel the difference between my work face and my home face. It was like a costume that I would don in order to face my work day. I loved the fact that Edmund wasn’t the least bit fazed by my two personas. He seemed to want to encourage them, in fact.

I would get pets and cuddles when I went into little mode and was good. I looked forward to being called a good boy and his little prince. I enjoyed the over the top caretaking that I had never experienced before. He was willing to do anything and everything for me. All I had to do is ask. All he wanted in return was my love. lt just made me want to give him so much more though.

I wanted to follow his rules. I wanted him to take me hard and fast at night, making me his big boy when he needed the relief. It was our game with our rules, so we could make things however we wanted. He was a good teacher and a loving partner. He made it easy to be whatever I wanted to be. He bought me what I needed, fed me, clothed me, and I couldn’t imagine life without him now.

He couldn’t always be there though, not every minute of every day anyways. There were going to be times when I wouldn’t have someone to do things for me. Important things like sticking up for me or for us would have to fall to me on occasion. Some people, no matter how many times you tell them nicely, just don’t get it until you get mean. I found that out the hard way.

“I’m sorry Daddy. I know this is last minute, but it was the only time the client could meet with me. I will take the subway home since I don’t know how long I will be.” I said softly over the phone. I checked my watch and was satisfied that I still had plenty of time to get to the restaurant. It was a rather pleasant day, so I walked the few blocks to the entertainment district.

“Hey! Lookie lookie boys… it’s the Sugar Baby! Where’s your daddy now? Huh? Not so tough when you don’t have MY daddy here to fight your battles for you.” Yep. You guessed it. It was that stupid twink again. I sighed heavily to myself and pinched the bridge of my nose. Why now? I turned to see Oliver standing with a rather large group of guys outside the club.

I looked them over, taking in the excited grins and holier than thou look on his face. I figured I had a few options. The most disruptive would be to walk over there and punch the slut in the nose. That could be bloody, might be caught on video, and most definitely lead me to being late to dinner. It was not the best option, to be sure.

I grinned back at him with purpose. I walked across the street to where the group stood, carefully avoiding the cars lined up with important VIPs who were going inside. I didn’t even speak to him, instead walking up the carpet aisle that he wasn’t allowed on. I smiled at Dave, the bouncer on Friday nights, and nodded my head to the side to speak to him.
“What can I do for you, Mr. Riley?” Dave asked me. I licked my lips.

“Well, you know I don’t normally do this sort of thing but I have this pest giving me a hard time about my latest conquest. He doesn’t seem to understand that I am in a whole other league than him and to back off of my man. Would you mind helping me flex my muscles here?” I put on the charm full force and bit my lip.

“What did you have in mind?” He grinned and leaned down close. I pointed to Oliver and his group of loud mouthed buddies.

“See that guy there? Don’t let him and his buddies in. I want to fuck up his night like he fucked up my date last night.” I growled the last bit and Dave whistled.

“Oh boy. They’ve been in line for two hours now. Remind me not to piss you off, princess.” He winked at me and nodded. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and said I hoped to come by again soon. I didn’t mean it but he wouldn’t know that. I walked away, ignoring them completely. I could hear the rude comments still flowing between them but still had a grin stuck to my face.

They were about to learn what it meant to piss me off.

*

Days later I walked up to the café door in anticipation of seeing Edmund for brunch, but arrived just as Oliver was turning with his to-go cup from the counter. His friends were surprisingly absent. I saw him smile at our booth, presumably at my boyfriend sitting there. Then his eyes caught sight of me standing just outside the door. I raised my brow and shook my head at him.

His smile faltered and he waved instead of going over to speak to him. Instead he headed for the door. Once out of sight, his face twisted into a scowl. He shoved out the door and sneered at me. That was it. The last straw. I sidestepped into his path and shoved him back into the wall outside the café. He growled at me and fumbled to save his drink, which reeked like coffee.

“You really need to work on that attitude Oliver. It’s probably the reason you never got past being Edmund’s fuck toy. Now be a good boy and leave us alone. Unless you’d rather get your coffee across town as well?” I crossed my arms and stared him down. His mouth pinched up and he sniffed in derision.

“Whatever rich boy.” He mumbled back. I put a hand against his chest to keep him from sauntering past.

“I mean it, Oliver. I so much as see you talking to him and I will make your life a misery.” I hissed into his ear. Then I moved by him and entered the café to meet my love. He was already standing to greet me and a hot chocolate waited at my place.

“Is everything alright?” he murmurs in my ear as we hug.

“Everything is perfect.”