The Big Secret

I was shaking. The camera might not have been able to pick it up, but I knew they were focusing in on my shocked and confused face. This wasn't going to plan. We didn't talk about this. What was going on? Was he leaving me? Was there some big secret he was going to drop on me on live fucking television. My blood ran cold for a split second, before I saw what was happening next.

"I love you. More than I have ever loved anyone in my life. Sorry Mom." He glanced ruefully at the camera as he sank down in front of me. My blood heated up to a boil instantly and I felt the blush flash across my face. He was kneeling. Oh god. He was actually kneeling. This wasn't to take off my shoes or put my fluffy socks on. This was him on live television, live fucking television. "You are my other half, and you make me happy...

Brendan will you marry me?"

I was frozen. His hand went into his pocket and he pulled out a small, black box. It was cracked open and inside laid a small silver-tone and rose gold ring, with a single diamond in the centre. It was simple, beautiful and perfect. It didn't look flashy or over the top, and I loved it. I reached out unconsciously, brushing my hand into those riotous curls.

"Of course. It would be my honour." I bent down and took those lips onto mine once more. Our kiss was a little more passionate this time, and I may or may not have been crying. My face was numb. My hands shook badly. He held me tight and we hugged for a minute while Vivian composed herself after our heartfelt demonstration.

"Here, let me get this thing on you." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and leaned back so he could take the ring from the box and slip it onto my finger. It was a perfect fit, but I would have been surprised if it hadn't been. It looked so bright and hopeful sitting on my slender finger. I sat down at his insistence and stared at it, completely blocking out their continuing conversation.

"I have been doing a bit more than just running dry cleaning. My mom helped me pick out the ring because I was a bit nervous to go by myself. She has been very supportive of our relationship, well actually most of my family has been." I heard vaguely next to me in his deep rumbly voice. I was having trouble bringing myself back to the here and now.

"This is such a wonderful surprise you two. When do you think you want to tie the knot?" She looked at me expectantly. I drew in a breath and sighed.

"Whenever this big teddy bear wants." I admitted dazedly. They both chuckled at me as I grinned. I felt him grab onto my hand and squeeze it, and I squeezed back. I was coming back around as the conversation between them went on. She asked him plans for the future and even I was interested to hear that.

"I will have to play that one by ear. As long as Brendan needs me, I am going to keep looking after him the way I'm doing now. If things settle down, then I will consider looking into a new job. He is my first priority though." He replied. I smiled at him in gratitude.

"Well, now that you have a wedding to plan I think you will be very busy." She said with a knowing smirk. I laughed happily and we both agreed. A light was blinking off to the side and Vivian smoothly cut to her goodbyes to usher us out. We got up together and after losing the microphones we made our way to the coffee room.

"Oh god, I am so glad that is over." I breathed as we flopped on a comfortable brown leather couch in the empty room.

"You are telling me. That ring has been burning a hole in my pocket for two weeks, love." He cuddled me in close and I laughed. I held it up in front of us and smiled happily.

"It's perfect. Your proposal was perfect. You are perfect." I gushed and turned to kiss him. He laughed at me and pecked my lips.

"Hardly love, but thank you." He knocked his forehead into mine and I closed my eyes. I had a funny thought and turned my adoring eyes back up to him.

"Daddy, does this make me a real prince? Getting my happily ever after and all?" I whispered and blinked at the tears flooding into his eyes now. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Absolutely baby. Absolutely."

A/N Tired of the censoring? Want even more? Yeah I'm heading over to Patreon my dudes, dolls and aliens to get you all uncensored published works to take with you on the go

Yeah I'm heading over to Patreon my dudes, dolls and aliens to get you all uncensored published works to take with you on the go. I hope to offer pdf and ereader versions to you lovelies... in the near future.
I'll keep you informed on my progress and never fear... I am not abandoning Wattpad or the awesome folks here.