My Daddy is Bigger Than Yours

The furious pounding on the cabin front door startled me as I was getting into my dressier clothes for dinner. I poked my head out of the bedroom door with my shirt not quite buttoned and saw Edmund getting up from the couch. He put down his book as the butler came over to open the door for us, the pair of cocktails on the bar abandoned.

"Can I help you, sir?" The butler asked politely, keeping himself in front of the door opening as we took in the sight of an older man with a red face.

"No, I wish to speak to Brendan Riley immediately. Bring him here." The man ordered with barely a glance at the butler. He was too busy trying to see past him into our cabin. I furrowed my brow at the hostile tone and looked at Edmund alarmed. He shrugged and motioned for me to come out. I reluctantly came out from the room, finishing my buttons as I came forward.

"Can I help you sir?" I asked politely. He shoved past the butler rudely, which had me a little alarmed. I might have felt more threatened if I didn't feel Edmund's warmth at my back. He was a little taller than me and his greying hair was swept over the front to hide a balding forehead poorly.

"You were rude to my daughter! How dare you? You think you can go around making girls cry and nothing is going to happen to you? You are dead wrong. I don't care who you are, I will have you arrested for harassment!" The man was practically spitting at me and I leaned back in alarm. The hell was he going on about?

"Excuse me? I harassed who? If you are talking about that preteen that has been trying to follow me around the resort, you had better rethink this." I sneered back at him. It was easier to stand my ground against this frighteningly angry man with the gentle support of my Daddy behind me.

"My girl is a sweet, intelligent young woman from a good family and a good school. If you think people are going to believe you over us, hah! I can ruin you. I will go back and tell everyone that you stalked her. It will make for even better stories in the tabloids." He said the last bit with a knowing sneer. The man was crazy. He was talking about illegally slandering my name back home because his daughter was being ignored. Dick!

"Sebastian, could you please call security to the cabin. It appears we are having a problem with the neighbours." Edmund said politely. The butler nodded and went into the office. I heard his voice speaking in another language over the phone to someone. Daddy stepped out in front of me while he was gone. He was at least three inches taller than this guy, and quite a bit more fit.

"Get away from me, peasant." The man spat at him. Edmund narrowed his eyes and his normally serene expression twisted into one of pure malice. It was frightening to say the least, and I prayed that I would never in my life have to see that visage directed at me.

"Listen here, and listen good. If you do not leave this cabin and forget this stupid idea of yours... if you think that you are going to blackmail MY boyfriend just because your stupid little twat of a daughter can't take "no" for an answer... I will have you thrown out of this resort, charged when we return, and I may or may not inflict bodily harm upon you in my efforts to remove you from our presence. Got it?"

His entire being was threatening. His eyes were like ice. His arms bulged with the thought of future violence. He leaned forward and stared down the man that dared walk in and threaten me. He didn't budge, just waited as the older man deliberated in his head. A glance in my direction was calculating. He wanted money and fame, not cost and infamy.

"You will regret this. Giving up the chance for a beautiful wife and reconciliation with your parents. You will never have a family. You will be the dirt that the rest of us scrapes off our shoes." He hissed at me. I realised then why they were even here. I was anything but stupid. I would bet my entire fortune that this girl was the one they wanted me to marry in the first place. Thank god I walked away.