Chapter 1

"No Stop Please!" The girl screamed so loud and with fear it would send child down your spine. "I won't tell anyone just leave me alone. I promise I won't say anything." Her voice began to crack while she begged tears beginning to fall down her cheeks. The man staring down at her wasn't say anything, all she could see was a tall dark shadow. To dark to be able to make out what he looked like. She couldn't tell anyone anything even if she had the chance. All she saw was something being thrown into the ocean.

"Please I'm begging you let me go." She pleaded one last time, but again the man did not say anything. Only this time he pulled something out from under his coat.

"No please no." Boom, the girl fell backwards to the ground a pool of blood beginning to gather beneath her. Maybe if she would have just kept to herself instead of trying to help a man that did not need it she'd still be alive.

The man in the dark suit walked to his car grabbing some gloves and a tarp he had in the back of his car. He had only planned for one casualty not two so now he had to take her somewhere else where no one would ever find her.  He laid the tarp down and and began to wrapped the body that was turning paler by every minute up in it  and began to clean the blood below so no one knew what had gone on here earlier in the night. 

"You should have learned to keep to yourself." The man spoke his voice deep and cold as he slammed the trunk door on his car with the girl inside.   Never to be seen by anyone else again.

"Good evening Alexis." My neighbor Ashton said causing me to jump as I was fiddling with my keys trying to get my door open. "Jumpy much?" Ashton asked laughing.

"My friend made me go to the movie theater and watch a horror movie and let me tell you walking home in the dark has never been more terrifying." I replied shaking my head.

" I thought I told you walking home in the dark alone wasn't a good idea anyway." Ashton replied with a little sigh.

"Hey I'm fine. A little jumpy from the movie we watched but I'm good." I smiled and unlocked my door.

"Ok. Just Be careful alright there are a lot of dangerous people out there."  Ashton said unlocking his door and heading inside.

"Yes sir." I replied laughing. "Goodnight Ash."

"Goodnight Alexis." Ashton said walking into his apartment.

I walked inside and locked the doors behind me along with all the windows. I really hated scary movies, I honestly have no idea how I let Jaycee convince me to go and watch the new one that had just come out.  After making sure that everything was the way it should be I changed into my into my pajamas and grabbed my laptop heading to my bed. At this rate there was absolutely no way I was going to get any sleep.

Ashton: Hey.

Me: Hey

Ashton: struggling on sleeping?

Me: how did you know?

Ashton: I was In the hall and I could hear music from your apartment.

Me: I can't sleep 😩 too many frightening things in the dark 🙁

Ashton: you'll be fine I promise, no one is going to get to you. I won't let them.

Me: thanks ash ❤️

Ashton: now go to sleep 😂

Me: Yeah yeah yeah.. I'm going

Ashton: goodnight Alexis

As the night went on I seemed to jump at every little sound I heard. The night in itself was exhausting, but what really freaked me out was when someone started pounding on my door. Slowly I got up and walked to the door looking through the hole. Three men were standing outside in police uniforms. The one night I had to watch the most terrifying movie police officers have to show up at my door.

"Hello?" I asked as I slowly opened the door.

"I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour ma'am but there's been an accident and we have reason to believe that a suspect is in the area and we're checking every apartment and house we can. Is it possible we take a look around? " The police officer asked his voice was deep yet caring and careful so he wasn't to terrifying.

"Um, sure. Come on in. What kind of accident was it. May I ask?" I opened the door and watched as the police officers walked around my apartment.

"A man was killed this evening." A younger man in uniform spoke up as he continued looking around.

"Oh." I didn't know which was worse the fact a man was murdered or the fact that the murderer was still on the loose and that there were police officers walking around my apartment.

"What's going on out here?" Ashton asked walking out of his apartment.

"Someone was killed and they're looking for the man that did it." I said walking over and hugging him tightly. Ashton and I had been friends for a while, but I had never hugged him before this moment. Protectively and reassuringly Ashton wrapped his arms around me.

"That's horrible, but I can assure you who ever it is. Is not in that apartment." Ashton said holding me close to him knowing that I was afraid.

"I know but it's mandatory we check." The police officer said coming out of my apartment. "Also miss I believe for the time being you should find somewhere else to stay or a friend to say with you. It's very dangerous to be alone right now."

"You can stay with me if you want. I won't let anyone hurt you." Ashton said quietly.

"Thank you officer, and thank you Ash." I continued to stay in his arms, he was warm , his protection and his cologne was all comforting.  After a few more minutes the police officers got a call saying they had a possible suspect in custody so they left, but Ashton still insisted I stay with him, which was fine with me.

"It scary." I said snuggling into the blanket Ashton had given me.

"What is?" Ashton said bringing me over a cup of hot tea.

"A murder being loose around here  that's what." I took the tea and Ashton sat down beside me pulling a blanket over his lap.

"Eh, it's not that bad, besides they have the guy that did it in custody." Ashton replied calmly.

"I guess you're right. You're so calm with this." I replied laughing.

"Yeah I guess so. Blame it on watching horror stories all my life." Ashton laughed taking a sip of his coffee.

"Can't believe the first time I watch a horror movie my life becomes part of a horror story." I whined snuggling into the blankets more.

"Don't worry Alexis I promise no one is going to hurt you." He replied in a caring voice.

"Promise?" I replied taking a sip of my tea.

"I promise." He smiled at me and continued drinking his coffee. "What's a show or movie you like maybe if we watch it you can relax a little."

"I don't know." I laughed and shook my head. " oddly enough I really like cartoons."  Ashton just laughed, grabbed the controller and turned on the tv flipping through the channels.

"Of course you do." After a few minutes Ashton stopped on a channel that was playing sponge bob. "that good?"

"Yes it is thank you Ash." I smiled and set my cup down on the coffee table. "I know this is odd but umm... do you think I could maybe lay my head on your lap?"

"Of course." Ashton smiled his beautiful smile and pulled a blanket over his lap and I laid down on the couch resting my head on him. 

I laid there with my head on Ashton for a very long time. I felt safe with him, there was just something about him that felt like if it came down to it he really would make sure I was safe I couldn't understand it, but part of me didn't care at all. 

After a while I ended up laying beside ashton with his arms wrapped around me and both of us watching spongebob starting to drift off.

"Goodnight Alexis." Ashton whispered kissing my head.

"Good night Ash." I mumbled before drifting off completely safe in his arms."