Chapter 4

"Alexis?" A man said as he walked into my office.

"Yes?" I asked looking up my body going tense. I had never seen this man before, but his outfit closely resembled that of the man I did work for on the side.

" Do you remember Mr. Peters?" He asked closing the door behind him his voice completely serious. My heart began beating faster.

"Yes sir." I said quietly trying not to meet his gaze.

"Well I'm sorry to report but we found him dead this morning." As his he spoke my heart began to race. "We have reason to believe you could be the next target . I believe you should try taking off work for the next couple days and try staying in a secure area until we know for sure."  His voice and emotions were completely serious.

"Thank you for notifying me." I replied trying to keep calm when in reality I wanted to scream,cry, find Ashton and just stay in his arms. What if I was the next target?

"We will be in contact with you when we need you." He slipped out the door just as he had came in.

Me: Ash where are you?!?! 

Ashton: On my way home why?

Me: I need you something bad has happened

Ashton: meet you at my apartment or do you want me to pick you up?

Me: Can you pick me up please ?

Ashton: I'll be there in a few minutes I promise.

I began to gather up my things and walk down stairs. I had never been more jumpy in my life. I stood down stairs and waited for Ashton. The second I saw him I ran over into his arms and began to cry.

"I got you it's ok." Ashton just held me close having no idea what was going on, all he did was hold me close and made me feel safe.

After a few minutes Ashton got me calmed down and in the car. The entire way back to his apartment he held my hand and did his best to keep me calm. Once we got back to the apartment he wrapped a blanket around me and held me close.

"What happened to get you so upset Alexis?" Ashton said in a calm soothing voice.

"Remember the man I told you about a couple days ago when we were here on the couch and I told you I was in trouble." I sniffled as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Of course I do." He said gently running my arm as he held me close to him.

"He's dead Ash! Someone killed him!" I began to cry again. "They said I'm next." I held onto him tighter as I began to cry harder again.

"Alexis I promise you nothing is going to happen to you. I won't let anyone touch you." He moved to where I sitting on his lap and pulled me closer into his chest. "No one will ever hurt you." He said gently rocking me helping me calm down.

After a bit I calmed down and was just comfortably snuggled into Ash. He was warm, and comfortable. As we sat there I began to calm down more until I was  completely relaxed.

"Hey ash?" I whispered leaving my head against his chest.

"Yeah?" He looked down at me his beautiful hazel eyes having a little bit of a sparkle to them.

"I love you." I replied not regretting it at all. I felt safe and at home with Ashton all the time. He looked at me a little surprised at first but then smiled.

"I love you to Alexis. I always have." I smiled and sat up a little bit finally closing that little gap between the two of us.

Ashton instantly kissed me back and held me close to him. It was everything I thought it would be and more. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled at him as he slowly pulled away.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He mumbled looking from my eyes to my lips.

"You should have done it the first time you got the want." I mumbled kissing him again.

"If I knew what I know now I would have." Ashton replied resting his forehead against mine.

I just snuggled into him and closed my eyes resting my head on his chest listening to his soothing heartbeat. 

As I laid there I began to fall asleep but that was interrupted when Ashton got a phone call. I tried to stay there and stay comfortable but the call was asking ashton to come into work to sign a paper for something.

"I have to go baby, but I promise you I will be back soon." Ashton said moving me to where I was laying on the couch covered up with a blanket.

"Do you have to go?" I whined looking up at him pouting.

"Yeah baby I do. I'm sorry, but I promise I'll be back in just a little bit and I'm all yours." He kissed me gently before grabbing is bag off the table.

"Ok.  I love you be careful ok?" I gave him a small smile and snuggled into the blankets as I watched him head out the door.

"I love you too." He said as he walked out the door leaving me alone in this big apartment.

I spent the time he was gone watching movies and occasionally turning over to the news to see if anything interesting had happened, but everyone was still talking about the two murders and how they had no evidence to keep any suspect.

"Just face it you aren't going to catch him." I groaned turning the Tv off and walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat.

"Are we still on the killers side?" Ashton laughed scaring the crap out of me.

"If he stays away from me then yes." I replied laughing.

"He will." Ashton smiled walking over kissing me.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"because he'd have to got through me first." Ashton said holding me close.

"My hero." I mumbled into his chest.
Ashton just chuckled and swept my off my feet carrying me back into the living room.

"so what do we wanna watch?" Ashton asked laying down on the couch with me on top of him.

" I don't know. What do you wanna watch?" I replied laughing.

" I don't know what do you wanna watch?" Ashton asked laughing.

" I don't know what do you wanna watch." I replied laughing even more.

"I guess technically we don't have to watch anything." Ashton replied kissing me gently.

"What would we do then?" I asked before kissing him again.

"There are so many things." He replied kissing me again this time a little longer than the others.

"Hmmm, like what?" I replied wrapping my arms around his neck.

"This for example." Ashton replied kissing me again wrapping his arms around my waist holding me close to him.

"Hmm, that is nice, but I don't know. Maybe if I try it again I'll know for sure." I replied before kissing him once more.