Chapter 14

Not to long after they left the room the lights went out and I was left there in the dark. I couldn't tell how long it had been or if anyone was around. I sat there feeling defeated and worried for Ashton.

I sat there doing my best to hold back the tears that threatened to leave my eyes. Ashton can take care of himself, he won't be abducted. He will go in living his life and doing the things he needs to. He will find someone who can love him and help him through all the things to come. He will be ok with out me.

" Do you want the good news or the bad news princess?" The man who had been taunting me this entire time came back in the room the lights coming on as he did. I didn't even bother to look in his direction. I was done playing his games.

"Fine I'll tell you anyway." I could hear the annoyance in his voice from me not looking at him or answering. "Your boyfriend, lover boy, whatever you want to call him, has left. Your hotel room is cleared out. Nothing left. So good news for you is lover boy hasn't been captured but bad news for you is. He doesn't care about you."

My heart immediately broke. The words he was saying they couldn't be true. There is no way Ashton would just leave like that. The tears that had threatened to leave earlier were stronger now, but why should I believe him? He could be lying to me. He may never have sound the hotel in the first place. I don't know that he's telling the truth but at the same time why would he lie to me? What would he get out of it?

"Why don't you sit there and think about how you're going to get through this now knowing that you are completely alone in this world." The man laughed and walked back out the door lights going off behind him.

The second he went out of the room tears began to flood down my cheeks. Why would he leave? I thought we had something. I started crying harder and harder. If the man was watching me he would be smirking and laughing knowing that he had broke me. He won and I let him.

As I sat there crying unable to stop I heard the door open slowly. The light never came on and no one ever walked in or so I thought. I was sitting there tears still going down my cheeks when I felt a hand go over my mouth.

"Keep quiet they're listening." The voice behind the hand said before moving and they began untying my arms and legs. Tears where still falling but I tried to control them as I tried to focus on who it was that was untying me. Suddenly my body started to become very numb and what little sight I had became blurry. My breathing became a lot heavier and I felt a burning sensation in my chest. I tried to speak and ask the man what was happening but when I did nothing came out.

With in a few minutes everything went dark and my body went numb. There was still a burning sensation in my chest and the only other function I had in my body was hearing. It all sounded like I was underwater but I could hear the man talking to someone else and it felt like maybe I was moving I couldn't tell for sure. They way I felt was almost like I was dead but still in my body.

"I think you have her to much." A voice said.

I was beginning to get some feeling back in my body and my hearing was beginning to get better, but my body still felt weak and woozy.

"I have her as much as you said. You said she weighed 140 pounds and stands at 5 foot 7 inches. So I gave her the dose based on that fact I didn't give her to much unless you messed up." The man who had untied me from the chair said.

"She shouldn't still be out and if you got it right and I didn't mess up I wrote down the exact numbers Ashton said so don't even go there." The other man replied. Together they sounded like an old married couple.

"Maybe the boss got it wrong?" The man said hesitantly.

"I think the boss would know these things about his girlfriend." The other man replied as if the other was stupid for even believing that.
As I laid there longer I began to get more feeling in my body. Slowly I began to move and tried to sit up.

"Woah woah big girl calm down." One of the men sitting in the front seat of the car said reaching back putting his hand on my shoulder. "Don't get I active just because it's wearing off doesn't mean it's gone. Believe me if you were to try to walk right now you will fall and get hurt. So just relax we have a bit of a ride left." He smiled back at me.

"Who are you?" I asked yawning just a little.

"My name is Jackson and this is Eddie we both work for Ashton." He smiled. "We're taking you back to him."

"Oh ok." I nodded lightly feeling like my head was about ready to explode.

"There's a blanket and a pillow in the back window. You should try to get some sleep." Eddie spoke up looking at me through the mirror.

"Thank you." I mumbled grabbing the blanket wrapping up in it and laying the pillow on the window resting my head on it.
After a short few minutes I fell back to sleep. What ever they had put in my system was strong.

After a while I began to wake up when I felt I was being carried. Not really wanting to wake up I wrapped my arms around the person that was carrying me.

"Welcome back baby." Ashton whispered resting his head against mine. The second I heard his voice my eyes shot open and I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly. Tears began to fall down my cheeks as I held onto him tightly. I felt his sit and wrap his arms around me holding me close. As his face varied into the crook of my neck I felt tears falling from him to my skin.

"I'm so sorry." Ashton finally managed to mumble out.

"It's not your fault." I replied.

"The call was to tell me that we had been compromised and you where in trouble and when I came back you were gone. I've been working to find you ever since." Ashton replied holding me tighter.

"You found me that's all that matters." I replied holding him closer to me as well. " later I'll ask you more questions, right now I just want to be with you."

"Ok baby." Ashton hugged me tightly and laid us both down on the couch covering us with a blanket.

I must have fallen asleep again because when I woke up Ashton was trying to sneak off the couch without waking me up.

"Where are you going?" I mumbled trying to stay in my position that was insanely comfortable.

" I have to pee." Ashton chuckled.

"No peeing must cuddle." I replied giggling.

"Well if you want me too pee on you I will stay."  Ashton laughed getting the rest of the way off the couch.

"Come straight back." I whined.

"I will I will." Ashton laughed and walked to the bathroom of the house that we were now staying in.

"Where are we?" I asked as Ashton came walking back into the living room.

"We're in Fort Baker, at a safe house. I want to keep you away from there until tomorrow is over." Ashton replied laying down beside me.

"Oh ok, you know all this time he was coming after me right? Like if he got you that was just a plus." I said trying to make sure Ashton wasn't blaming himself.

"Yeah I know, but it's just better I keep you safe either way. I mean he'll want you more now that you've escaped." Ashton replied pulling me close to him.

"I know. I just don't want you to blame yourself ok? None of this is your fault. Plus I'm fine." I replied turning to where I was facing him.

" that's a lot harder than it sounds." He replied sighing.

" I know but you need to try for me ok?" I gently tans my hand through his hair pushing it back knowing it was a way for him to relax.

"Ok baby." Ashton replied kissing me softly. "I'm so glad you're back. I missed you so much."

"I missed you to Ash."  I wrapped my arms around him holding him close to me never wanting to let go again.