Chapter 2

As my eyes fluttered open I saw a coffee table with a tv playing and began to remember the events from last night. The blinding sun was coming in the window and made it hard for my eyes to adjust completely.  I began to start getting up, but I couldn't due to being safe in Ashton's arms.  As I laid there for a while longer I couldn't help but move just a little trying to get more comfortable so maybe I could fall back to sleep, but no such luck. After a few more minutes I heard a light groan from Ashton and he began to move and pulled me closer to him just a little bit.

"Good afternoon sleepy head." I spoke up as I could tell Ashton was awake but trying to stay comfortable and maybe fall back to sleep.

"Afternoon?" He mumbled.

"Yea Ash afternoon it's like 1:30." I laughed.

"Then I better get up and make us some lunch." He replied yawning.

"You just sleep I can." I smiled and began trying to get out of his grip.

"I'll get it." He mumbled as he began sitting up as he did I began doing the same. 

"You know you don't have to right?" I laughed lightly while stretching. "I can just go home and find myself something to eat."

"Nah you don't need to be doing that I can get you something." Ashton replied smiling and walking into the kitchen.

"I don't want to be a bother." I said as I got up following him.

"You're no bother I can assure you." He smiled and opened his fridge looking for something to make.

"I wonder if they caught the guy that killed that man last night?" I asked sitting on the stool at his little bar.

" I don't know." Ashton said shrugging and walking over in front of me with some vegetables. "I guess we won't know until the news later today."

"Yeah I guess not." I laughed a little. "Although I must admit despite you know someone dying it's been fun."

"What's been fun?" He asked laughing.

"Staying here and hanging out with you." I replied smiling.

"You're welcome here anytime you like Alexis. You don't have to come because a murder is on the loose." He smiled and began cutting up the vegetables.

"Thanks ash. Do you need any help?" I asked watching him cut the vegetables up and begin putting them in a bowl.

"I've got it thank you though." He smiled and continued on working. "You've taken quite an interest in this whole murder thing haven't you?" He laughed.

"Yeah I guess so. It's just my life is always so boring and it's something interesting and I kind of want to see if he can get away with it. I know that's horrible, but I don't know I've always been curious if people can actually get away with it like they do in movies." I rested my head on my arms that were laying on the table and watched him.

"Should I be asking you if you're the murderer?" Ashton asked laughing.

"I don't know am I ?" I replied laughing. "But don't you wonder? Ya know I mean how often do people get away with murder? Or is it not possible? I don't know. I know it's crazy. I tend to think very crazy things."

"It's not crazy they're very logical questions and maybe one day you'll find the answers to them." He replied putting the vegetables into a pot.  "And I seriously doubt you're the murderer but if you are, you are a very nice and cute murderer." He laughed walking back over handing me a bottle of water.

"Awe thank you." I replied laughing. "But I mean it helps ya know being a cute murderer I'm more likely to get away with murder because no one is going to believe I'd do any harm."