Chapter 16

Ashton and the boys all took off towards where the shots where coming from. Quickly I took off behind them. Why do we have to run to the gun shots they will probably still be there if we walk. I mean I don't know about them but I don't like to run unless I get something at the end of it like Ice Cream or a puppy and I know at the end of this run there is neither only death and blood and honestly who wants to be in a hurry for that?

Making sure to keep up I followed the boys down several hallways to a huge room where shots where being fired from everywhere. Bullets where flying from one side of the room to the other it was hard to tell who was who if you weren't paying close attention.

"Alexis stay here." Ashton turned and said to me before he ran into the room and ducked behind a table the rest of the boys running to other parts of the room.

I hated he was making me stay here but at the same time it was probably for the best. I wasn't meant for a room full of bullets. I stood hidden in the doorway watching as bullets flies from everywhere. People from each side where getting killed with almost every shot. I watched the room but mostly kept my eyes on Ashton to make sure he was ok. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move on a small balcony up higher. Quickly looking over I saw a man with a sniper rifle focusing on something I began scanning the room to see if I could tell who he was focusing on when I realized who it was.

"Ashton!" I screamed loudly.

No matter how much I screamed he couldn't hear me the gunshots that were already in the room were to loud. My heart was racing fast trying to think of what to do when I remembered the gun in my boot. Ashton told me to keep it there in case of an emergency and personally I think this counts as an emergency. I grabbed the gun out of my boot and cocked it while taking aim at the man on the balcony. I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. I watched as the man on the balcony fell down to the floor in between everyone. As it did everything stopped all at once. Ashton who had been focused looked around to see what had happened while I stood there still holding the gun shocked that I had actually pulled the trigger. Not only did I pull the trigger but I killed him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone began taking the gun out of my hands. I began to panic and start to point it at them when they spoke.

"Woah woah. It's just me baby." Ashton said taking the gun out of my hand throwing it to the ground before pulling me into a hug. After a few minutes of breathing in his scent and being in his arms my body relaxed enough everything began to sink in.

"Why'd everything stop?" I spoke the words muffled by his chest.

"You killed Raymond. So everyone else surrendered. They don't have a leader anymore so they aren't going to risk there lives." He replied kissing the top of my head.

"What made you kill him?" Ashton asked breaking the small silence that had fallen between us.

"He was going to kill you." I replied hugging him.

"So you saved my life?" Ashton hugged me tighter.

"I guess that makes us even." I replied smiling up at him.

"I guess so." Ashton laughed before gently placing his lips against mine.

"I hate to interrupt, but I need to interrupt." Eddie spoke up making Ashton pull away.

"What's up?" Ashton asked putting his arm around Eddie as they began walking and talking. 

I began to look around at everything the ones that had just been fighting each other where talking and beginning to get along. The ones who didn't join Ashton where taken somewhere and either killed or convinced to keep their mouthes shut about everything that had happened.