Chapter 10

"Good morning beautiful." Ashton smiled holding out a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Ash." I smiled sitting up and taking the cup of coffee. 
Ashton sat down and wrapped his arm around me.

"I got some things for breakfast. I figured we could get an early start this morning." Ashton said before kissing my head.

"Ok baby." I smiled and turned kissing his gently before getting up out of bed and began looking for something to wear.

"You can wear one of my shirts if you want." Ashton spoke up before taking a drink of his coffee.

"I thought they where yours."  I replied mockingly.

"Well I have determined they look better on you." Ashton replied looking me over sending a little shiver through my body and heat to my cheeks.

"Thanks.. I think." I laughed nervously while trying to find myself a pair of pants.  I was never good with compliments. Sure I loved hearing them they made me feel good but I always got so nervous. How do you respond to a compliment? 
I walked over and grabbed my black jeans putting them on before walking into the bathroom and begin putting on my make up.

' Could dress up
To get love
But guess what?
I'm never gonna be that girl
Who's living in a Barbie world
Could wake up
And make up
And play dumb
Pretending that I need a boy
Who's gonna treat me like a toy
I know the other girlies wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet that you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king '
I sang along with the music playing off my phone.

"Can you please hurry up I have to pee." Ashton whined.

"I'm almost done just calm yourself." I replied continuing what I was doing.

"You know the song you're listening to right now completely makes no sense due to what you're doing. I mean the song says I don't wanna sit still look pretty, but you are literally putting make up on to make yourself look prettier. Granted you look beautiful with out but I mean come on." Ashton said still complaining about me being in the bathroom for so long.

"I'm done you happy now?" I groaned walking into the other room falling backwards onto the bed.

"About time." Ashton mumbled before going into the bathroom.

As I laid there staring up at the ceiling I couldn't help but think about what Ashton had said. I agreed with the whole there's more to life than just looking pretty but I found myself quite often putting make up on. It definitely isn't a lie when I say I'm insecure without it, but I don't believe being pretty is all there is to life or for a girl.

"Think much?" Ashton asked walking over and laying beside me.

"Yes actually I do." I laughed. "You know I kind of have to hacking is my job and you have to think to hack."

"Touché." Ashton laughed getting back up. "Come on we need to head out." He held out a hand for me and smiled one of his genuine beautiful smiles.

"Okie dokie." I smiled and took his hand after getting up off the bed. We grabbed our bags and took one last look around the room before heading back to our long car journey.
We both hoped to make it to San Francisco before dark but I was seriously doubting it would actually happen.

"Ready to go baby?" Ashton asked getting into the car and starting it.

"I think so." I laughed getting in the passenger side.