Secrets Don't Keep

Funtime Freddy's laughs and screeching had faded. You stopped in the middle of the gallery and shakily fell to your knees. Your hands covered your face as tears burst from your eyes. "...i-it's not true... He's wrong... Ennard's not like that..." You whimpered.

The pain you were currently in was excruciating, but your mental pain was even worse... Your heart felt like it was broken...

You shakily laid down on the cold floor as you continued to quietly cry. You were tired, too tired to even make it to your room.

                                                                                         ~*~

Ennard sadly slunked along through Funtime Auditorium, loosely holding his white clown mask in his right hand as he walked- or dragged his metal feet along.

All he could think about was you...

Yenndo's sincere words haunted his mechanical brain, "You will have to tell her sooner or later."

But how was he supposed to tell you? He couldn't even bring himself to talk... And what would you think of him afterwards? He knew that you wouldn't see him like you did before, you wouldn't even want to stay in this underground circus anymore...

A new feeling now rattled through Ennard's chest cavity- an awful one. He let out an agonizing screech as he dropped his mask and clutched his metal chest. He then felt his legs weaken, which immediately brought him to his knees.

Suddenly, memories flooded into Ennard's head- terrible ones. They flashed in an awful, mind-shattering collage, making his system glitch. It was too much for him to handle- he couldn't take all the memories of what he did. And he was terrified of it all.

Suddenly, everything was still...

Ennard calmed himself and thought for a minute, pushing all of his horrible memories from his mind. He had to tell you. If he wanted to be your friend, he had to tell you... Friends don't keep secrets from each other...

Ennard sighed sadly and then fell backwards onto the cold floor. He blankly stared upwards at the dark ceiling as his mind searched for a way to break the news to you, but to no avail.

He then grabbed his mask and sadly stared at it for a while. He remembered that you loved his clown mask. You enjoyed clicking his faceplates back into place whenever they were loose. You loved his little party hat that he had as well.

But what he treasured the most about you was the fact that you weren't afraid of him...even if you should be... Along with Baby and Ballora, you considered him one of your dearest friends, someone who you could tell anything to and not feel bad or weird about it. But did he feel the same way about you? How would you react if he just told you that he destroyed all of his friends to build himself, an escape plan that never worked?

Ennard gave another frustrated gurgle and then put his white mask back on. He then got to his feet and turned his direction away from Ballora's Gallery...and to the Scooping Room.

Ennard forced the heavy, rusty door open and then glanced around the room. It was dark and unsettling as usual, but to Ennard, it felt like home- like it was were he belonged...

"...A nightmare like me belongs here..."

                                                                                           ~*~

Your eyes slowly fluttered open as you felt a hand treating a cut on your arm. You winced as a bandage was then applied, making you sit up and rub your blurry eyes so your vision would return.