Forgotten Memories

The forest was brimming with life as the sun arose. Birds were singing their winter carols, the snow-covered trees slowly swayed in the gentle breez, and the camp fire was still burning brightly. The crackling of the wood was enough to wake you, albeit you were a light sleeper. Without sitting up, you turned and looked at Ennard and Yenndo. Due to their simular, wirey bodies, it took you a second to register how the two endos were laying; Yenndo had somehow managed to squeeze himself between you and Ennard while you all were asleep last night and was currently being snuggled by a snoozing Ennard. The sight made you chuckle amusingly as you sat up. 'Aw, I bet Ennard thinks Yenndo's me!' You then rubbed your eyes and stretched your arms, glancing around the tent once more before realizing something. Springtrap wasn't there. 'Hmm. I wonder if he's already awake.' With that thought, you pushed the cover off of you and quietly made your way out of the tent, being cautious not to wake Yenndo and Ennard.

A few birds flew past above you, three small Gold Finches. The tiny birds perched in a nearby tree and began to peck at some berries. 'Huh... I guess birds have breakfast, too.' You thought to yourself, turning your attention to glance around at the campsite afterwards. The fire was still burning, despite the chilly temperature of the ground. The snow around it had melted away overnight to reveal a few pods of short, dark green grass. A few feet away from the fire, you noticed that Springtrap was leaning against the fallen log quietly snoozing away. His head drooped against his chest and the rabbit's tattered ears hung over in front of him. His hands were at his sides as if he were only an empty suit. The position he was laying in made his entire body look like it. You would've smiled warmly at the sight, but you noticed that the rabbit's face was twisted into an expression of pain. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth was displaying a frown. Lowering yourself down on one knee, you reached over and gently shook his shoulder. "Springtrap? Springtrap, wake up." The said rabbit groaned and then opened his eyes. He blinked a few times before giving a little yawn and looking at you. He registered a tired smile. "Ah, good morning, Y/N. Up so early, huh?" The rabbit quietly greeted. You pulled your hand away from his shoulder and helped him to his feet. Apon standing, Springtrap grunted and then clutched his side, his sudden actions making you gasp. "Is something wrong? Are you ok?" You questioned as he eased himself against the log. Springtrap gave a shaky sigh as he gently sat himself on the large fallen trunk and slowly pulled his hand away from his side. "...I...just had a small accident while gathering firewood last night..." You gasped once again as your eyes caught sight of a puncture wound on the rabbit's torso. There was dried oil surrounding the wound from when it had happened. "Oh, no... D-does it hurt? Are you gonna be alright? I can wake up Yenndo. He should be able to help you." You sputtered. The rabbit gave a small smile at all of your worry. "It's a little painful, yes, but I'm sure I can manage. It didn't put an end to me, after all, hmhm." Springtrap's enthusiasm provided some sort of relief for you, but the fact that he was already in tatters and despair only kept burning worry into your heart. "Springtrap, are you sure you're alright? We still have a days worth of traveling to do, and... and you might not be able to handle William when we reach him like this."

Springtrap's assuring smile faded as you mentioned William's dreadful name. His silver orbs stared into your e/c ones with a guilted expression of pure sorrow... Thinking that the rabbit had forgotten about having to fight the crazy man, you frowned with dismay as you regretted your words. "Springtrap...you don't have to do this. Your suit isn't meant to handle all the damage it has. If you were to go up against William, it wouldn't take him much effort to put you down, given the state that you're in." Your heart throbbed painfully as you spoke those words, truly it did. It hurt to tell the rabbit that, but it was true. Springtrap broke his sorrowful gaze on you and gave a heavy sigh. His heart was telling him to tell you, but his brain was telling him to keep his trap shut. "...Just... Just give me a moment to put out the fire... You can wake the others now if you'd like..." The rabbit quietly said. Taking the hint that he needed a moment to himself, you nodded, turned, and then made your way back to the tent while Springtrap began shoveling snow onto the fire. As you walked, you glanced over your shoulder once more to frown at the wounded animatronic. You could see him limping every time he put pressure on his left side.