Dark Figures

The fun in the park had ended. Springtrap announced that it was time to continue along the trip, in which the three of you did without question. The forest was massive in size. A park gate separated the city from it; a border between human and unknown beast that could be lurking in the depts of the woodlands. You blankly stood before the forest, glancing at the many types of trees and shrubs that layered the outskirts of the park. You didn't know many of them, but it didn't matter to you or the others.

Springtrap, being ahead of Ennard and Yenndo, walked up and stood beside you, taking in the sight of the forest as well. A light smile formed on his tattered face as he looked down at you. "It's a beautiful sight, especially during the night hours..." You glanced up at the rabbit and nodded. You noticed that his silver eyes were glowing, which was interesting to you. Springtrap gave a little chuckle at your staring, causing you to blink and give another nod. "Oh, um, Yeah. The snow really makes it look pretty, especially with the moon's light shining off of it." You quickly said with an embarrassed smile. Springtrap chuckled once more and then glanced down at the gate's lock. It was a normal bar-lock, one that you just unlatched from the gate. You returned your gaze to the forest, a small frown soon registering on your face. "Do you think we'll be able to see if we travel at night?" You questioned. Springtrap looked away from the gate and then at you, smiling assuringly. "I'm sure we will. The moon's full tonight, which means the forest should be lightened by it's glow." The rabbit softly replied. Ennard and Yenndo soon approached the two of you, awaiting for what Springtrap had to say. The rabbit ushered you aside and then unlatched the bar-lock on the fence. He pushed the gate open and then turned back to the three of you. "Well, this is truly where our journey begins. Are all of you ready?" The three of you exchanged nods of approval. "Well, then... Let us be on our way..."

As you observed earlier, the forest was massive in size. Different types of trees, big and small, layered the wondrous landscape. You were astonished that the moon's light could even shine through the blanket of leaves that covered the forest top. As you walked, you would constantly tug at your backpack straps. They were beginning to hurt your shoulder blades due the weight that you were carrying. Ennard, who was glancing around at the dark, snowy forest, caught sight of you tugging at the backpack's straps. He glanced forward, noticing that Yenndo and Springtrap were a few yards ahead. He took that it was a good time to talk with you. A light smile formed on the clown's face as he quickened his pace to catch up with you.

You continued to tug and pull at the backpack's straps, soon becoming frustrated with the pain that it was causing you. A quiet grumble slipped from your lips as you began to take the backpack off, soon pausing as you felt it lift itself from your shoulders. You glanced back with a confused expression, soon giving a little smile as you saw Ennard behind you. He gently removed the backpack from your shoulders and slipped the hefty item onto his own, casting you a kind smile afterwards. "Let me carry it for you." The clown implied. You giggled and raised an eyebrow playfully. "Hmm, I don't know... Do you think you can handle that? It's kinda heavy~" Ennard smiled assuringly and playfully ushered you to keep walking. The two of you walked side by side; you watched your shoes tromp against the shallow snow while Ennard kept a gentle gaze on you. There were so many things he wanted to tell you, but he just couldn't find the courage to do it. Even if it was just the two of you. The only thing he could bring himself to say was, "So... D-do you like the snow...?"

You broke your concentration on your snow-crunching feet and looked up at him, registering a smile. "Oh, yeah. It's great. I lost track of the months while I was staying with you guys. I didn't know it was winter." You replied. A light frown formed on Ennard's face. A wave of guilt hit him at your words. "...You aren't...mad at us for keeping you down there...are you?" Ennard's sad tone made you pause. You glanced back up at him with a saddened expression. "N-no...? What makes you think that?" "Well... You seem so happy up here, and, I just feel like we were keeping you from being happy." He replied sullenly. You frowned and sighed. You didn't know what to say. You loved staying with Baby and her friends, but... You almost always missed the surface world. In a way, you felt like Arial from The Little Mermaid; torn between a world that you desired to be in and one that you actually belonged in. You gathered and spoke the only words that would leave your mouth. "Ennard... I love living with you guys. I know you feel guilty about keeping me underground, but all of you have made me a part of your family; I have my own room, I can have my pets, and I get to see you guys everyday. And that keeps me happy all the time." You said.