Chapter 3 Dinner

Chapter 3 Dinner

Getting home I saw my mums and dads car parked in the driveway. I got out of my car and locked it.

I headed off to the house that I've lived in all my life.

I opened the front door for the most amazing smell to hit me. "Amy! Is that you?" My mum called from the kitchen, I put my bag down and headed towards the kitchen.

"Who else?" I asked and kissed her cheek.

"Oh darling, how was the hospital?" She looked so excited to hear about my day.

"It was great! I met some of the patients..." I said smiling like a mad man. My mums smile grew.

"Who's put a massive smile on my baby girls face?" Jace.

"Nobody mum..." I lied. My mum could always tell when I was lying but I was hoping just once she couldn't read me like an open book.

"Amy... I can tell when you're lying. Spill. Now." She gave me a look that said 'Don't even bother lying to me again young lady'

I sighed before saying "His name is Jace..." As soon as the words left my month she started squealing.

"My baby has found a boy!" She squealed while she wrapped her arms around me bringing me to her. Just as I didn't think it couldn't get worse my father walked into the kitchen.

"Rachel why are you squealing?" My dad asked sounding a little annoyed.

Just before my mum was going to say something I said "Nothing daddy! Mums just--- happy about today..." I lied, my mum glared at me.

"Michael, our little baby has found a boy..." My dad glared at me. Lets just say my mum is very protective of me.

"Who?" My dad said looking from me to my mum.

"Dad... his name is Jace..."

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Half an hour later, we're around the kitchen table eating dinner and my dad was asking questions.

"So where did you meet him?" I sighed. He had asked this at least 5 times now.

"Dad I told you, he's a patient at the hospital..." My dad looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Amy... he has cancer... your not doing this only because you feel bad for him, right?" I couldn't believe he would think that.

"No! Of course not. He's different, I don't know... There's something about him that draws me to him."

My dad shook his head "You barely know him Amy..." I noded, I knew that.

"I know that. But it doesn't change the way I feel."

My dad sighed before saying "I think its lovely, lighten up Michael." I smiled at my mum but only to have my dad glare at me.

"I want to meet this boy Amy." I knew this was going to come up. I haven't known Jace long and my dad is already wanting to meet him!

"I don't know dad... I've only known him a couple of hours..." My mum noded agreeing with me.

"Michael, let Amy get to know him. And if she likes him then we meet him." My dad sighed.

"Fine." My mum squealed.

"So Amy what does Jace like?"

I smiled like an mad man again. "He's amazing..." I described Jace to my mum and dad. Everything from his face to his personality.

OOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO