Chapter 27 Goodbye Paris

I lay there watching a sleeping Jace sleep. Why did he go out and get drunk?  I haven't been able to sleep all night, Jace kept being sick and I wanted to make sure he was fine. My eyes felt heavy but sleep never came.

It was now 9o'clock and I wanted to nothing more than for Jace to explain everything to me. For him not to lie and just tell me even if I didn't want to hear it.

"Angel...?" Jace voice sounded horse.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at him, his eyes were now open and he was staring at me.

"Could you get me some aspirin?" I got up and grabbed the bottle I threw it to him making it hit his bare arm. "Ow! What was that for!" Jace was now sitting up rubbing his temple.

"Why did you get drunk?" I demanded. "Why have you been lying to me!"

"Nothing Angel..."

"Don't give me that bullshit Jace Stone. Or I swear to god I'll be getting the first flight back to England." Jace looked at me and when he saw that I was being deadly serious and he sighed.

"I didn't want to ruin the trip..." Jace said looking at his hands.

"You ruined it as soon you left me here for five hours to get bloodly drunk!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry Angel... I'll--- I'll explain..." Jace was staring at me, he looked pale but maybe that was from his hangover. "Sit down..." I sat down in front of Jace on the bed, I was getting worried.

"Erm... I don't know how to say this..." Jace trailed off. He was scaring me now. "I-- I went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago. For a check up, they always do it. I had a scan, a couple of days later they rang me saying I had to come to the hospital to speak to Dr. Lee. I didn't tell anyone... I went on my own and...--" Jace had his head in his hands, his body was shaking.

"I'm sorry Angel..." His voice was shaking, I wrapped my arms around him. Making him know that I was there.

"Jace what did Dr. Lee say?" I asked.

"They found more cancer... it-- it was everywhere..." Cancer? It was everywhere... I felt tears fall from my eyes as I held Jaces shaking body. "He-- he said I had at least a year... a year!" Jace looked at me, his eyes red and puffy. "I have a year or less before I---"

"Jace... Please don't..." I sobbed. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I was scared. I didn't want people to treat me differently..."

"Are you having cemo?" I asked.

Jace shook his head, "I rejected it."

"Why?" I asked suddenly angry that he wasn't even going to try. "What happened to fighting it? What happened to you fighting it for me!"

"Amy, I've had to fight it since the day I found out I had cancer. I was 12 and I was fighting for my life! I can't do this anymore! My body can't do this anymore..." Jace said the last sentence so quietly I barely heard it.

"So your giving up?" I cried. Jace nodded his head slowly, he didn't look at me. I got up and ran into the bathroom. I locked the door and slid down to the floor as more tears ran down my cheeks. Jace wasn't going to fight it, not for me not for his parents, not for his friends and lastly not for himself.

He'd given up, even after he said it would fight it until his last breath... he'd given up. He was going to leave me, he was going to leave everyone that loved him. I love him so much it hurts and he's leaving me.