Chapter 16 Safe And Secure

I cried into my pillow for 10 minutes, still hearing mum and dad arguing.

Weren't we good enough?  I kept asking myself.

Did we do something wrong? Maybe I had pushed him away?  Drove him into another womens arms...

I sat up on my bed and grabbed my phone.

I strolled through my contacts looking for somebody. Anybody.

At last I found the number that I really wanted. I hit ring.

"Hey Angel." Jace said after 3 rings.

"Jace..." I cried.

"Angel? What's wrong?Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Jace asked worry laced in his voice.

"Can--- can I stay at yours? I can't stay in th-- this house..." I wiped fresh tears out of my eyes.

"Of course. I'll come get you. But what's happened?"

"I'll tell you in the car..." I cried.

"Okay I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Okay. See you."

I hanged up and grabbed a big bag to fit everything I would need for a couple of days.

Just as I finished Jace texted me that he was oustide. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.

"Amy?" My mum asked seeing my bag "Darling where are you going?"

"Jaces." I said simply and closed the front door behind me.

I saw Jaces car and ran to it. Jace got out of the car and hugged me tightly.

As soon as my head his chest I began crying again. Jace wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe and secure.

"Angel what happened?" Jace asked just as my mum and dad walked out of the house.

"Amy please don't go..." My mum begged me. "Your father is going, we can talk--"

"No! I-- I can't be in that house. Not for a couple of days anyways..." I got into Jaces car.

My dad just stared at me, pleading  forgiveness. I couldn't forgive him, not yet anyways.

I saw Jace talking to my mum. I heard him say something like 'I'll take care of her' My mum noded wiping at her eyes.

Jace got into the car and took my hand in his. "Are you okay?" He asked looking into my eyes, searching for something.

I noded "I am now." I smiled through my tears. Jace leaned forward and kissed me lightly.

"So tell me what happened."

I told him everything. From the shouting to what my dad had done. He didn't interrupt, he held my hands squeezing them telling me that he was there for me.

After I cried again, Jace held me. Rubbing my back, soothing me.

"Can we go to yours?" I asked Jace after I finished crying.

Jace noded. "Its just us-- well and Harrold."

"Harrold?" I asked.

"His our Butler." I noded.

Jace pulled away from my house and drove to his house. Leaving behind the hurt.

To distract myself I turned on the radio and 'Ignorance' By Paramore was on.