Chapter 33 Is This Goodbye?

I ran down the stairs like a mad man, "Mum!" I screamed not caring who heard me. As I reached the bottom of the stairs she ran to the bottom. "We need to get to the hospital!" I said rushing past her and running outside. She ran shortly after me running to the car.

"Amy what's going on?" Mum asked as she started the car.

"Drive to the hospital!" I screamed as tears rushed down my face. I didn't even let Julie finish what she was saying.

Mum drove down the streets, it felt endless. All I wanted was to see Jace and It felt like we were driving for hours.

I looked out the window as more tears flooded my face. "Its going to be okay hunny." My mum said putting her hand on my shoulder.

I wanted to screamed at her, ask her how she knew everything would be okay. Would it be okay? I just nodded my head as the streets passed by in a blur.

Once we had pulled up at the hospital I got out and ran, I held my stomach as I ran down to the ward where Jace was. Everyone moved out the way as tears ran down my face.

I opened the door of the ward and saw Jace laying down looking so fragile. His mum and dad were around the bed crying. "Amy..." Jace whispered before coughing violently. Jaces mum hugged me as she cried.

"We'll give you a minute..." Jaces mum and dad left as I stood staring at Jaces pale body.

Nobody had to tell me what was happening. I knew... and it broke my heart.

"Angel..." Jace tried to speak but only started coughing violently again.

"Shhh..." I said rushing to his side. More tears fell from my eyes as I placed my hand over Jaces cold one.

"I love you and the babies. Will you tell them that?"

"You'll going to fight this... Jace..."

Jace brushed my hair that had fallen into my eyes, "I can't--- I've tried. My body is giving up on me..." I wiped my eyes and kissed Jaces lips softly.

"You mean so much to me Jace Stone... I can't lose you..." I cried.

"Your not going to lose me... I'll be here watching after you and the babies. Our Bliss-belle and Blake." Jaces eyes welled up. "I will always love you Angel. You mean the world to me. I wish we could have had more time together..."

"Please don't say goodbye Jace... This can't be our goodbye..." Jace stared into my eyes as he softly moved over and then patted the space next to him. I laid down next to him as I cuddled closer to his cold body.

"I have something for you, but you can't open it yet." I nodded Jace laid his head on my shoulder. "And something for the babies but you can't give it to them until they have turned 18." I nodded. "I love you to the moon and back..." Jace says weakly.

"I love you to Jupiter and back." Jace chuckled which turned into a choke.

"Remember your promise to me... you'll sing at my funeral." I nodded.

"I remember." I whispered. I looked at Jace and saw that he was in pain. "Do you want me to get a doctor?" I asked ready to get a doctor.

Jace shook his head, "It'll go away soon. It'll be okay Angel."

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"They're in the waiting room. They'll be back soon." I nodded as I cuddled to Jace.

Jace placed his hand on my stomach as the babies kicked. "Be good for your mumma." He whispered. Jaces breathing became heavy, as his parents and mum came into the room.