Chapter Two

~Time Skip~

All summer, I was forced to stay at my grandparents because grandpa was put into the nursing home for rehabilitation after his knee surgery.  Mom made me stay with grandma to help with the house and whatnot.

It was the whole summer away from Kenny.  He was able to visit once, but between work and money, all he could make was once trip.

It wasn't all bad, until his phone ran out of minutes.  That sucked.  It was fine though.  We're fine.

I got back the night before school started.  It was late too.  I wanted to see Kenny, but I knew it would just have to wait until the next day.  The entire situation was a mess, but I knew when I walked through those doors tomorrow, it would all be okay.  I'll get to see him again.

That morning went terribly wrong.  Mom didn't pack any of my school supplies, so I was instantly running late.  The, while going through my bags, I realized that I left my favorite shirt at my grandparents, leaving me to scramble to find an outfit.  Then when I got into my car, the tank was empty, like it wouldn't even start, so I had to wait for mom, who was nowhere near ready to go anywhere.  I ended up walking into the back to school seminar we have every year, ten minutes late. 

I was so embarrassed.  I tried to enter unnoticed, but that didn't work.  When I walked in the principle ranted about how important it is to be on time.  He, literally, called me out in front of the whole school.  

*Kenny's P.O.V.*

I watched (Y/N) walk into the gym late.

Finally, I was starting to worry.

I let out a chuckle as the principal went off about her tardiness. 

"Looks like (Y/N)'s back," Stan commented.

I grinned, "Good thing too, my hand can only do so much."

"Kenny, you shouldn't talk like that about a girl," Kyle scolded.

I looked back to Veronica, who sat between Kyle and Cartman.  She was being the 'peacemaker' as she said earlier in the summer.  

She giggled, "I've gotten used to it by now."

Veronica just moved here this summer. She got a job at one of the places I worked at, and she was the only kid to live in my neighborhood, granted she lived in the nicest house.  Her parents split after her mom went to jail, and her dad is a bad alcoholic.  I felt bad for her.  She has three siblings.  One older brother who lives with them to help with the expenses, and two younger siblings.  After I met her, I introduced her to the boys, and they instantly liked her.  I couldn't wait for (Y/N) to meet her.  She'll be so happy to have another girl in group.