Chapter Four

The day went by painfully slow, and it irked me.  How was it possible that she ended up in six of my eight classes?  Even study hall, which should've been just Kenny and me.  It was the end of the day and just us, and I couldn't be happier.

"Hey Babe?" Kenny looked at me in a questioning manor.

"What's up?" I replied.

"Vic needs a ride to work after school.  I'd give one to her but I have practice.  I was wondering-"

"Yeah I can," I cut him off, bitterness lingering in my voice.

"Thanks Babe," he smiled before kissing the top of my head and leaving for practice.

I walked towards the door where Vic met me.

"Did Kenny talk to you?" she asked.

"Yeah, let's go," I mumbled, shoving my way through the front doors.

She trailed behind me, "Thank you so much for the ride."

Trust me, if he wouldn't have asked me to, I would've just offered you a ride to butt fuck nowhere and left you there.

"No problem," I responded.

She got into the front seat and rattled off where she worked, and it was like a light went off in my head.

She works where Kenny does.  Fucking of course.  

I drove to the destination as she continued to talk.

"I'm so happy I got to meet a girl here.  I just know we'll get to be the bestest of friends.  The two girls that always stop Kyle and Eric's fighting," she giggled.

I only grunted in response, not really wanting much to do with her in the first place. 

The drive was about fifteen minutes.  Fifteen minutes of her nonstop talking, and it was beginning to drive me up a wall.  I debated hitting the on coming traffic, but we finally arrived.

"Thanks again, (Y/N)," she smiled as she got out.

I faked a smile and forced a wave as she got out.  Once she was gone, I went home to wait for Kenny to finish up with practice.