Chapter Eight

My faith was restored in Kenny as I returned back to the living.  It sucked to not have him around, but I did get to see him every time I died so that somewhat made up for it.  I went about a week keeping a level head with Veronica, but I did lose it on her.  I didn't mean to, but all she could talk about was Kenny and how bad she felt for me.  I couldn't take it anymore.  

"Hey how are you holding up?" she approached me in the halls that Wednesday morning.

"Fine," I replied with an irritated tone.

"So I was thinking, we should start some sort of fundraiser to help Kenny's family," she suggested.  "I know all the funeral expenses have taken a toll on them.  Maybe we could help them purchase a headstone or something."

Waste of time.

"Yeah, sounds like a great idea," I replied, uninterested.  

She left a groan, "I just can't imagine how this must be for you.  I've never lost someone so close, and you must just be devastated-"

"You have no idea how I'm feeling, yet you've seem to take yourself and make it so you are even more upset than me.  You didn't even know him, because if you did, you wouldn't be upset like this.  No one is as upset as you about his death, but you only knew him for a couple of months.  So, would you please explain to me that?  Why is it that some girl that barely knew him more upset about his death than his girlfriend!?"

"Well, I just don't understand how a guy as great as Kenny ends up with such a selfish bitch.  How can such a caring guy be with such a selfish girl.  All he's ever done was try and help me and his family, while you only think about yourself and jealousy after is death," she frowned.

 "You obviously don't know a damn thing about him, and how we ended up together.  Stay the hell away from my boyfriend," I snapped before walking off.

The entire school watched the argument, even the boys.  No one said anything.  They all just watched us part ways.  I left the building, going to an unknown destination, when I was hit with an unknown force, and everything went black.