Chapter Eighteen

When Matthew picked me up, he seemed on edge.  I wanted to ask him what was up, but I didn't think I'd be able to get much out of him.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere safe," he replied.

His voice was short, which meant his temper was up.  He was also driving fast.  Nerve rackingly fast. 

*Kenny's P.O.V.*

I was running as fast as I could.  I needed to find her, but how?

Maybe since I was dead, she didn't block me?  I guess it's the only chance I have.

I pulled out my phone to call her when another fire rock came my way.

I need to get out of here first.

"Kenny, you have to fight," one of the angels pleaded.

I looked around, and everything was ruined.  Trees were burning, saints were dying, but I couldn't.  She just meant too much to me.

I shook my head before running off.

*Your P.O.V.*

He took me to an abandoned house.  I knew about this place.  It was in the middle of nowhere.  Kenny said that in middle school, he and the boys used to come here and drink.  He suggested we'd come here and fuck sometime, but I refused.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"No one will know.  This way you are safe," Matthew smiled.

He was losing it, and it was scaring me. 

"I could've been safe at home, though," I stated.

He shook his head, "No, no, no, (Y/N).  No one knows here.  You are safer."

I felt my phone start to vibrate with a phone call and panicked.

"Hey Matty?  I'm chilly.  Is there a chance you could get me a jacket or blanket or something?" I asked.

"(Y/N), I'd have to go all the way back into town," he sighed.

"Oh please.  It's only a five minute drive.  No one knows I'm here so I'll be okay.  Please, I'm cold, and who knows how long we'll be here for," I pointed out.

He sighed again and got up to kiss my head, " Anything for you."

He soon left after that, and I pulled out my phone.

It was Kenny?

I called him back immediately and he answered just as quickly, "Look Kenny, I don't care about the Vic thing right now.  Matthew has me captive in that old abandoned house outside of town.  I need help."

"Matthew?!?  Like your ex?!?" he screamed on the other side of the phone, pissed.

"Kenny, I can explain it all later.  Please.  I'm scared and alone," I started to tear up.

"Yeah, I'll be there soon, don't worry.  I love you," he quickly said before hanging up.

I love you too.