Chapter Forty-Nine

"You're going to be gone tomorrow." Y/n sad sadly as she drew a heart on the frozen-over window.

"I know, but what can I do? I have to head home." Sean replied handing her a cup of hot chocolate.

Y/n thanked him as she took the steaming cup. She wrapped her fingers around the cup as Sean gave her a small peck on the forehead. Y/n gave a small smile and looked back at the frozen window as she adjusted the blanket around her shoulders. Sean sat across from her and took a sip of his hot cocoa.

"Sean?"

"Hmm?" Sean hummed putting down his cup.

Y/n looked down at the floating marshmallows in her cup. Questions bounced off the walls of her brain as if it couldn't figure out what one to filter out.

Sean's eyebrow rose. He looked at his girlfriend confusingly as she just sat there staring down at her drink. Finally Y/n looked up and opened her mouth.

"I'm sorry Valentine's Day was boring." Y/n said.

Sean coughed. "What? Why do you say that?"

"Because, we slept like half the day and all I did was take you out to ice skate. Then later all we did was lay in the snow or like now just sit here." Y/n explained.

Sean blinked. With quick motions, Sean set down his drink and leaned in closer to Y/n. He grabbed her drink and set it down too. Then, they sat there as Sean held Y/n's warm hands and looked at her.

"Y/n, look at me." Sean said.

Y/n slowly brought her eyes up to his. Small tears printed the corner of Y/n's eyes. Sean raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you so upset? What's wrong?" Sean asked worried something was wrong.

Y/n took a deep breath in. "I-I don't know. I'm just sad that you're leaving tomorrow. I feel like I let you down with your weekend here." A tear slipped. "I feel like I let you down."

Sean brought his hand up and wiped away Y/n's tear. He looked at her dead in the eye and spoke up.

"Y/n, you did not let me down. I had an amazing weekend here. Not only did I get to spend time with you, but I got to see you light up all over again. We've been through so much that this weekend was something special for me, for you, for both of us." Sean wiped away another tear from Y/n, their eyes still locked. "Don't you cry because you did not do anything. I couldn't ask for a better weekend here. And I know you're really sad that I have to leave but I can't stay here forever. I got to go someday."

Y/n took a deep sigh and looked away. Her head leaned up against the wall as her head faced the frozen window.

"But we finally got to get together again."

That's what froze Sean up. A stab in the back. He knew that Y/n was right. Even though they didn't say anything, they were inseparable. The cuddles, the kisses, the giggles, the laughs, the cuteness, the dancing, everything was shown that they were pretty much together. But they didn't realize it. And with Y/n finally admitting it, Sean now didn't know what to do.

Sean's back was straight. His eyes scanned Y/n's face, trying to figure out what to say. The grip on Y/n's hands were loose. He saw Y/n's tears and wanted to wipe them away, but he couldn't. Sean was stuck, he didn't know what to do.

Y/n shut her eyes and kept them that way. The tears loosely slipped away as her lips quivered.

"I get it," Y/n croaked out, "you don't have anything to say. Don't say anything. I'll be fine by myself."

Sean watched her. He blinked, and looked at Y/n as if he just woke up from a deep slumber. Her eyes were hidden behind her eyes lids. Her head was brought back as her hair loosely fell by her ears. Her lips were turned inward, trying to keep away those tears.

Sean brought up his hand and placed it gently on her cheek. Y/n slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. Sean leaned in and kissed away her tears. His soft lips pecking her face. Then when Sean was done, he looked at Y/n. Y/n gave him a small smile as Sean returned one.

"Hey, come back with me." Sean said.

Y/n turned to shock. She brought her head up as Sean took a harder grip on her hands.

"What? Are you crazy?" Y/n asked.

"Nope." Sean said popping the 'p.'

Y/n was about to say something but stopped herself. She thought about it for a few seconds. Suddenly, she darted her eyes into Sean's and leaned in to kiss him. Sean was caught off from surprise but then started to kiss her back almost immediately. Y/n let go of Sean's hands and wrapped her arms around his neck as Sean slithered his arms around her waist. The blanket that laid over her shoulders had now dropped. Within a few more seconds, Sean and Y/n parted, both a panting mess. Y/n stared at him dead in the eye with a cocky smile.

"Does that answer your question?" Y/n asked.

Sean gave a cocky smile back. "I think it does."

Y/n and Sean had another quick kiss before pulling into a new position. Y/n laid between Sean, pulling the blanket back around her shoulders. Her head rested onto his chest as her arms crossed in front of her chest. Sean had laid with his legs wrapped around Y/n's as his head rested back on the wall. It was a peaceful night until...

"Can I have my hot chocolate back?"